Solved

One plus international

I got one plus international added to my plan and the internet perfo is just plain garbage here in North west Greece in Corfu. It shows LTE but trust me its more like 2G. Sometimes it shows E which something i never see in the states. Feel ripped off since im paying $25 more and im still unsatisfied. Even loading news apps and instagram pics takes forever at times. This is not what i signed up for. What has been your experience? I asked Tmobile for help in the matter but to no avail. Shouldnt have to work to get the service right to begin with this is their job

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 1 August 2018, 15:21

We totally want you to get the most out of what you pay for. We may need to have you file a Trouble Ticket with our Tech folks to get this resolved. I'm curious what your speed test results give you. Can you test that out and let us know what your upload/download speeds are?

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Aw, that's no good, but we totally wanna help you get faster data. What phone are you using? Can you tell which carrier you're connected to there? I know we have a few roaming partners so you could try scanning for networks and connected to another provider there to see if there's a difference in your connection.

Im using an iPhone 7plus with COSMOTE as the carrier

~~~~~~~~~~

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Is this a T-Mobile branded phone? Are you able to scan for other network carriers and see if you can use the data after you connect? I'd like to see if this is only happening on Cosmote.

I bought this from t-mobile and in the States where i live it always says T-mobile at the top left

~~~~~~~~~~

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Thanks for that info. Are you still traveling in Greece right now? If so, try a manual search for other networks there and see if you're able to connect and use the data.

Yes im in greece. I will try another network

~~~~~~~~~~

Under Cellular Network I turned Automatic off and tried the cellular networks “wind gr” and “vodafone gr” and both would not connect

~~~~~~~~~~

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Thanks for doing that. I don't see we have any issues with connecting in Greece so this should be working. It's only data that's slow right? You can make/receive calls? Also, have you done a speed test to see exactly what results you're getting?

I have no problem making calls. The internet is slow all the time. If i go indoors anywhere i get 3 bars of 3G. I have to watch videos at 164p on YouTube which for 2018 is absurd. Even then it buffers. Also its absurd to pay $25 extra for what T-Mobile deceptively calls “premium connectivity” with One Plus International plan in their online literature. For me premium connectivity means i can watch a youtube video smoothly not what i got. But as a consumer i can shop for other carriers so that is what ill do.

Thanks for your help though. T-Mobile the company however should take customer service more seriously because i will absolutely look for other carriers to switch to asap after this experience of feeling ripped off with this One Plus International scam.

Thanks

~~~~~~~~~~

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

We totally want you to get the most out of what you pay for. We may need to have you file a Trouble Ticket with our Tech folks to get this resolved. I'm curious what your speed test results give you. Can you test that out and let us know what your upload/download speeds are?