Solved

OnePlus 9 Pro

Badge

Hey all, so I brought my OP 9P directly from Oneplus. I got a new 5G sim card last week but I've noticed that I'm heading connection issues. I'm not receiving some phone calls & some text msgs. & barely getting to 10 mbps at times. I spoke with their tech team earlier & they said it could be because T-mobile hasn't released the OP 9 series yet. Anyone else got their OP 9 from OnePlus & having connecting issues?

icon

Best answer by magentatechie 7 April 2021, 15:06

Hey there, you may have tried this already and I’m super sorry that the OnePlus is giving you issues, but have you tried checking the APN settings?  Third party devices sometimes will not download the APNs on their own and it’s worth a look.

Settings>Wifi and Network>Sim and Network>Access Point Names

Usually, there is already an APN here that is downloaded though the SIM card that is labeled “T-Mobile US LTE” (Or something similar).  Click there, it will likely be greyed out which means no changes can be made but just check to see if it matches below.  If you don’t see anything here or it doesn’t match what you already have, press the + at the upper right hand corner and enter this:

1. Verify and update the following settings for the Data APN.
    • Name: T-Mobile
    • APN: fast.t-mobile.com
    • Proxy:
    • Port:
    • Username:
    • Password:
    • Server:
    • MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    • MMS proxy:
    • MMS port:
    • MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
    • MCC: 310
    • MNC: 260
    • Authentication Type:
    • APN Type: default,supl,mms,xcap
    • APN Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
    • APN roaming protocolIPv4/IPv6 or IPv4 only when roaming internationally
    • Turn APN on/off: Grayed out unless there are multiple APNs
    • Bearer: Unspecified
  2. Press the Menu key.
  3. Touch Save

Ensure that the correct APN is selected then power cycle the phone and test. Hope this helps!

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I don’t have one yet.  I have looked at picking up one, maybe even two, but we shall see.  Have you checked to see if there is an update for your device?  If it doesn’t show an update, check through Oxygen Updater.  If there is an update through Oxygen Updater, you want to download the full image update and then apply it through the Local Update option.  Otherwise, OnePlus will probably get around to releasing an update soon enough to address the issues users have been reporting on the OnePlus and XDA forums so far.  

Badge

Hey yea thanks for the info T-Mobile actually sent an update last night & there aren't any updates thru Oxygen updater at the moment. So with T-Mobiles update it didn't do anything for my connection unfortunately. I'll probably wait it out for about a week & if it doesn't get better I'll just return it to OnePlus. I would have waited for T-Mobile to release the model but they don't sell the Pine Green color 🤔😐

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

The pine green looms awesome!  The T-Mobile version will not show updates in Oxygen Updater and will not have dual-SIM function. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

out of curiosity what OS update is the 9 starting with? i would guess 12. main reason im asking is there are a ton of issues iwth the OPs and 11 including some issues with calls and texts..

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

It comes with OOS 11 out of the box.  I haven’t had any issues with WiFi Calling, regular calls, or texts on my 8T, 8, or 7 Pro.  For the 7 Pro, I have the T-Mobile and North America versions, which only different by software/firmware.  Then again, that holds true with the exception of the radio capabilities, which are stored in the NAND and not flashable.  I also have both versions of the 8T  I only have the T-Mobile version of the 8.  Outside of very minor issues, I can’t really complain.  Then again, I see updates more than the average user though.  All of my devices are in the FUT program.  

Badge

On my OP9 (unlocked from OP), I’m having problems with VoLTE and T-Mobile.  Half the time when I make a call people can’t hear me on the other end.  If I call again right away it drops to HSPA 3G and it works, but it’s most annoying.

I could disable VoLTE but 3G is already getting scarce and how much longer will it be around?  Until January 2022 it seems...  I can’t get VoWiFi to work at all.

Badge

My device is always running the “FactoryMode” app, and if I switch to it, it’ll hose my phone every single time. How do I get rid of this?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

As someone who has a One Plus 8, it's a good device, although somewhat buggy with bluetooth, and One Plus support is very lacking.  On a similar note, OP versions vary.  There's typically a US version and a Tmobile version.  Tmobile is better at handling issues with Tmobile branded, and better at pushing carrier update including SA (OP disables by default, and has carrier enable).

Badge

Tmobile is better at handling issues with Tmobile branded, and better at pushing carrier update including SA (OP disables by default, and has carrier enable).

That’s for sure.  It makes it “fun” learning how to edit the carrier_policy xml file.  I got SA working on the 8 Pro (also got B41 to work on the 6T this way), but I haven’t rooted the 9 yet to try this again.  I’m waiting for the Oxygen OS to be downloadable like older models.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hey there, you may have tried this already and I’m super sorry that the OnePlus is giving you issues, but have you tried checking the APN settings?  Third party devices sometimes will not download the APNs on their own and it’s worth a look.

Settings>Wifi and Network>Sim and Network>Access Point Names

Usually, there is already an APN here that is downloaded though the SIM card that is labeled “T-Mobile US LTE” (Or something similar).  Click there, it will likely be greyed out which means no changes can be made but just check to see if it matches below.  If you don’t see anything here or it doesn’t match what you already have, press the + at the upper right hand corner and enter this:

1. Verify and update the following settings for the Data APN.
    • Name: T-Mobile
    • APN: fast.t-mobile.com
    • Proxy:
    • Port:
    • Username:
    • Password:
    • Server:
    • MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    • MMS proxy:
    • MMS port:
    • MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
    • MCC: 310
    • MNC: 260
    • Authentication Type:
    • APN Type: default,supl,mms,xcap
    • APN Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
    • APN roaming protocolIPv4/IPv6 or IPv4 only when roaming internationally
    • Turn APN on/off: Grayed out unless there are multiple APNs
    • Bearer: Unspecified
  2. Press the Menu key.
  3. Touch Save

Ensure that the correct APN is selected then power cycle the phone and test. Hope this helps!