Question

Outage in 77571

• 23 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

What is going on in 77571? I have had no internet or text most of this week. Calls are not always connecting either. 

When I leave the area everything works fine…. Only problems in 77571

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

All around Shoreacres or just one spot? By any chance, would the phone be connecting to WiFi?

Badge

La Porte, TX  It’s drops out as I’m heading west on HWY 225 at the Miller Cut Off exit. My office is near HWY 225 and Battleground/Independence PKWY. 

I do not have WiFi turned on and I have cycled power several times with no luck.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

La Porte, TX  It’s drops out as I’m heading west on HWY 225 at the Miller Cut Off exit. My office is near HWY 225 and Battleground/Independence PKWY. 

I do not have WiFi turned on and I have cycled power several times with no luck.

Something that sometimes happens with my phone is that if I lose T-Mobile’s signal for just a second, the phone will try to roam AT&T and just not stop trying for some minutes, until eventually it gives up and connects to T-Mobile. Unfortunately, I don’t know of any way to prevent this. 

What phone are you using?

Badge

Something that sometimes happens with my phone is that if I lose T-Mobile’s signal for just a second, the phone will try to roam AT&T and just not stop trying for some minutes, until eventually it gives up and connects to T-Mobile. Unfortunately, I don’t know of any way to prevent this. 

What phone are you using?

Samsung Note 9

I’ve never had this problem before this week. It doesn’t appear to be roaming. It shows 4G and all bars are full.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Samsung Note 9

I’ve never had this problem before this week. It doesn’t appear to be roaming. It shows 4G and all bars are full.

OK, So you’re not losing signal. When you say “4G” do you mean T-Mobile calling HSPA+ “4G” or do you mean “4G-LTE”?  If this is just happening in one area during your commute, I might chalk it up to network congestion. A lot of former Sprint customers are being shunted to the T-Mobile network while the networks are being converged. This should be alleviated once Sprint’s band-41 spectrum is integrated into T-Mobile’s network.

Anyway that’s my guess.