For the past few months I have been trying to resolve this issue with my T-Mobile service:
1. Phone shows 3-4 bars of LTE, but the internet won't work
2. My co-workers with T-Mobile are not experiencing any issues and they sit right next to me.
3. When I'm with my spouse, their phone will work fine and mine won't
4. I have tried turning WiFi off, resetting network settings, using a different phone - nothing resolves the issue
5. I have called T-Mobile multiple times about the issue and the technician just tells me to reset my network settings or they send a device reset signal to my phone and it starts working again, but only temporarily
6. I've ruled out the device and location at this point, so what else is their to test?
7. Sometimes when I make calls, the device can't hang up and my phone locks up. This has happened on 2 separate devices. I have to do a force shutdown/restart.
Device: iPhone XR, updated to the latest version of iOS.
A side note: Why do I have to reset my network settings constantly? Shouldn't my connection just work properly most of the time?
Thanks for any help, I am out of things I can try on my end.
Best answer by tmo_chris
You have definitely been through the ringer here 😥 After reading through this thread, it is my belief that the issue is kind of two parts, part network and part account. When our folks over the phone reset your network connection, it forces the SIM to re verify with the network and gives you access to the services you are provisioned for based on the account. After some time, when your SIM card goes to check again what it can and cannot do, something on the account side for your line specifically is telling it that it cannot access the internet or gets stuck when trying to do so and only by having a manual refresh by the teams on the phone will your SIM be able to correctly discern what your services should be.
With that said, I believe the best course of action here is to have a network support ticket opened up for this. It is important to let the person on the phone know that this issue is temporarily resolved with the network refresh but comes back. It would be worth noting the times/dates that you lose internet and the times/dates you get it back after the network refresh. Please call us again when you have a moment and let the folks on the phone know that you have called a few times for this and the fix is only temporary.