Solved

poor lte and 4g at work

• 7 October 2016
  • 9 replies

I never had issues at my job with other carriers...here at my desk with tmobile I lose connection with 4g and the lte is slow. I have to walk away from my desk or go outside. why is this? is there something I can do?

please advise

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 13 October 2016, 18:02

Thanks for that information.

Sorry for the confusion. I wanted to see if you could search for T-Mobile's signal while you were in your office. You can do this by trying a Manual Network selection. It's basically means you'll go into your phones settings and toggle Automatic switch off, then back on again. This will force the phone to scan for networks and hopefully show T-Mobile. If it does, it should automatically connect. Can you click the link above and give those steps a shot for me?

View original

9 replies

Your radio service must be deactivated. What apps have you downloaded

lately? Send me a log report on your phone. If you can access the Internet

on your phone then your radio or ant service is disabled

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

That's no good when this happen @psherwood but we wanna help figure this out for ya.

What kind of phone are you using? If you try a manual network selection while in your office, does the phone show T-Mobile's network?

Keep us posted so we can assist. Thanks!

well we cannot use wifi here at my job if that's what you meant. I am a little confused. I have an iphone 7

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Thanks for that information.

Sorry for the confusion. I wanted to see if you could search for T-Mobile's signal while you were in your office. You can do this by trying a Manual Network selection. It's basically means you'll go into your phones settings and toggle Automatic switch off, then back on again. This will force the phone to scan for networks and hopefully show T-Mobile. If it does, it should automatically connect. Can you click the link above and give those steps a shot for me?

ok I did that ,,,I can see Tmobile. ill keep you updated on how it works

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Awesome! Thanks for doing that.

ugh even worse now

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 12:10 PM, ******** ******** gmail.com>

***edited personal info Mike C.***

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Really?

Hmm, that's not supposed to happen.

Can you try powering off the phone and removing the SIM card for a moment? You can put it back in the phone and turn it on afterwards to see if you're able to connect to the network.

Userlevel 6

Hey there @psherwood‌!  Just wanted to check in and see how everything was going.  Were you able to try Mike's last suggestion out - did you see any improvement?  Let us know!

- Marissa