Solved

Poor Service in Mesa AZ

• 16 September 2020
  • 12 replies

Badge

Hi all, for the past couple days i have been having issues trying to use the t mobile network. i show 4 bars and 4g and i go outside to get the maximum coverage. it takes a long time to load a website like cnn.com (if it loads at all) and trying to connect to the t-mobile app itself (i get an error message saying something went wrong). if this will be the standard going forward, i’m going back to cricket. i figure its either the merger or maybe the fires in California since the smoke has been seen here. anyone else having issues like this? i called t-mobile and they had me reset my network but it didn’t seem to help (all it did was erase all my Bluetooth and WiFi connections).

icon

Best answer by gramps28 16 September 2020, 23:12

You said you had cricket so I thought you might of brought it over since they're AT&T prepaid.

Try changing from lte in the settings to 3g and see if that helps.

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I haven't had any problems in Chandler but I left Monday for Prescott. This was a speed test from Sunday around Arizona and Ocotillo

Badge

thanks for the answer. i’m not sure what my problem could be then. the t-mobile rep wasn't very helpful (i had a hard time understanding her i’m sorry to say).

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

What type of phone are you using?

Badge

galaxy s8+

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Tmobile version or did you bring it over from AT&T?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

If it's not a Tmobile version the phone lacks band 71. So I would go into the settings and change it to 3G to see if that helps.

I use to go to a restaurant in Tempe on Elliott and McClintock and that's what I had to do to get internet on a Tmobile phone.

Badge

no its a tmobile, i never had an AT&T account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

You said you had cricket so I thought you might of brought it over since they're AT&T prepaid.

Try changing from lte in the settings to 3g and see if that helps.

Badge

i’ll try that thank you. i’ll let you know.

Badge

that looks like it worked, i was able to connect to websites as well as the t-mobile app. thank you very much for the help.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Glad it worked out :]

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I just got back to Chandler and I have no problems but if I were you I would switch the settings back to LTE to see if it’s a tower issue in your area.

If it doesn’t connect to LTE if you have a spare phone you can check to see if it’s the sim.