poor service in Miami

• 16 September 2020
  • 7 replies

Badge

Poor signal in Miami. Indoors and outdoors. Located a few blocks east of Miami Intl Airport. One bar maximum. iPhone SE new gen. 
Unable to receive or make calls 90% of the time. Reboot phone and turned off enable LTE, indicates signal increase but still drops calls or cuts intermittently. Texts and voicemails come in all at once after many attempts from caller. 

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

You might try resetting you network settings. Otherwise T-Mobile service in the Miami area is generally considered excellent. Is there any chance you could test your SIM in a different phone?

Badge

Thanks for the help but network reset hasn’t helped, still very poor service. One bar. I don’t have another device. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

The reason I tend to believe that there’s something wrong with your phone and suggested the network reset is that the area in question is so well covered. Here’s what CellMapper.net shows.

Ever since sprint customers were allowed to jump on TMobile towers the service took a big hit, sprint customers are getting way better service then ever before but TMobile customers paid the price. My 5g device isn't getting the same speeds I was getting before Aug. 1st and we're dropping calls, some times I don't even have signal and can only make emergency calls. Seems like just a big hit in the face for TMobile customers and I'm disappointed in this. It's like 2014 TMobile all over again

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Ever since sprint customers were allowed to jump on TMobile towers the service took a big hit,….

Perhaps, but it doesn’t account for low signal level. One thing @magenta8716920 might want to do is try connecting to one of Sprint’s signals (e.g. 311490) to see if that makes any difference.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Ever since sprint customers were allowed to jump on TMobile towers the service took a big hit, sprint customers are getting way better service then ever before but TMobile customers paid the price.

not exactly sure how. you do realise that Sprint customers connecting to TMO towers means we’re using the same exact tower that is now running into issues right? theyre not exactly bumping TMO customers off the tower so Sprint customers can use it..

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

People are special. no for real… :]