Question

RECEPTION/SERVICE MAJOR ISSUES SINCE MERGER

• 30 July 2020
  • 9 replies

Badge

Since T-Mobile merged with Sprint (had Sprint in the past and hated it), my service/reception that worked GREAT, now is HORRIBLE.  I have a new phone and the phone is not the problem, it is the service. And I am in the same area.   I have been extremely happy with T-Mobile until now.  I am looking for another carrier.  Advice to T-Mobile; DUMP SPRINT

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

T-Mobile won’t be dumping Sprint, since they now own them and are basically converting their customers over to T-Mobile along with some of their towers.  What device are you using?  Have you done any checking with Cell Mapper to get an idea of what towers are around you, what band(s) they are using, and how far away they are?  Has a new source of interference appeared, like a new WiFi router or electronic device that might be causing the signal to be weaker?  

Badge

Are you a T-Mobile employee?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

if you are looking for a TMO employee then the site here is not where you want to be...this is mainly peer to peer.

with that being said..an add on question to syaorans questions..what phone do you have? and by chance did you start noticing this before or after you got the new phone? and are there any other TMO phones around you and if so are they seeing the same problem or no?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Are you a T-Mobile employee?

No, I am not!  T-Mobile Employees usually have something identifying them from the rest of the community. 

I'm having this issue.  I have a Samsung Note 8.  Breaking up, people can't hear me, calls occassionally drop. It's so annoying, people dont want yo talk to me.  Same routine as always.  Same locations as always.  Nothing has changed on my end.  Talked to t-mobile and they sent me new sim cards.  That didnt help.  Its horrible.  My daughter who lives with me and has a Samsung Avant something or other is experiencing the same issues.   Any ideas?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I'm having this issue.  I have a Samsung Note 8.  Breaking up, people can't hear me, calls occassionally drop. It's so annoying, people dont want yo talk to me.  Same routine as always.  Same locations as always.  Nothing has changed on my end.  Talked to t-mobile and they sent me new sim cards.  That didnt help.  Its horrible.  My daughter who lives with me and has a Samsung Avant something or other is experiencing the same issues.   Any ideas?

do you both still run into issues once you leave that area by say 5+ miles? across town does the same thing happen?

is it location based or does the problem follow you guys no matter where you go?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

also out of curiosity...what phone do you both have in here?

I have a sprint Note8. I have been unable to make or take calls (data is fine - weird) most of this week. Spent 4.5+ hours on phone or chat support and many many network resets. Yesterday I was told that this is a Samsung bug and that they can’t do anything about it. Talked to Samsung, they have no idea what I was talking about. I’m ready to leave….

It sounds like your phone is not getting VoLTE for T-Mobile. If data (on LTE) is fine, but voice/text is bad, it would seem your voice will only use UMTS (3G). T-Mobile has very little 3G signal left, and is phasing it out, alltogether. Your local towers may have started to get 3G reduced or eliminated.