Solved

Regular voicemail notification not clearing after using visual voicemail

I have the same question that was asked in this thread, which was marked as "assumed resolved" but doesn't have answers. I have an LG G8. When I get a voicemail, I get two notifications: one is for visual voicemail and one is for regular voicemail. If I open the visual voicemail app and play the message, the notification for visual voicemail clears, but the notification for regular voicemail persists. I have tried syncing/refreshing the visual voicemail page, but the notification for regular voicemail persists. I have tried waiting, but the notification does not go away. The only way to get the notification for the regular voicemail to go away is to call in to the non-visual voicemail and listen to the message there as well. The phone does not permit me to block notification from the regular voicemail app or to disable the app. I prefer using visual voicemail to the call-in method. Any suggestions for how to get rid of the notification from the call-in voicemail app without listening to every message twice?

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 13 May 2019, 17:17

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 4

Hey @movielover

Thanks for taking the time to post to our community! Is this something that just started by chance or has it always been this way? It sounds like the network is not syncing properly when you check the VM and that is something that we would need to get refreshed for you. If you have a moment, please give our folks over the phone a call so we can get a support ticket opened for this issue.

I have a new Galaxy S10 that's doing the same. Apparently the only way to clear it is to dial voicemail & listen after I've already listened to visual voicemail. Very annoying, it kinda makes visual voicemail worthless.

Userlevel 1

The T-Mobile visual voicemail app never works properly it'll work okay for a few days then stop working this constantly happens T-Mobile really needs to stop with the T-Mobile visual voicemail app and allow users to use the built-in visual voicemail in their phones it's really really dumb that they disabled that and they're doing it just for the sole purpose that you have to pay for features that are included in the phones visual voicemail. I'm also having the same problem where my voicemail notification will not clear unless I tap it this never used to be the case it just started and now no matter how many times I refresh clear data clear cache it's the same problem over and over again I can't get it to work properly T-Mobile should be disgraced that they're not allowing us to use the regular visual voicemail like every other phone.

Same issue as Mikey4168. Nothing seems to make it go away. If T-Mobile is going to insist that we use the visual voicemail app, then they need to ensure that it works. This has been a long standing issue.

This has been like this for over a year on my old phone (s8+) and new phone (S20+).  There’s no way to turn off the notification for the built in voicemail and the only way to clear it is to call in and listen to it tell you that you ‘have no new voicemails’ since you’ve already deleted it from visual.  It would be really annoying if I got more than one voice mail a month!

June 2021 and this issue is still not fixed. I would disable regular voice-mail and set visual as default but that feature is disabled.

This has been happening to me for 6 months since I got my Galaxy A71 5g. If I have to call the voicemail to remove the notication, I may as well stop paying for visual voicemail due to redundancies. 

I have the same question that was asked in this thread, which was marked as "assumed resolved" but doesn't have answers. I have an LG G8. When I get a voicemail, I get two notifications: one is for visual voicemail and one is for regular voicemail. If I open the visual voicemail app and play the message, the notification for visual voicemail clears, but the notification for regular voicemail persists. I have tried syncing/refreshing the visual voicemail page, but the notification for regular voicemail persists. I have tried waiting, but the notification does not go away. The only way to get the notification for the regular voicemail to go away is to call in to the non-visual voicemail and listen to the message there as well. The phone does not permit me to block notification from the regular voicemail app or to disable the app. I prefer using visual voicemail to the call-in method. Any suggestions for how to get rid of the notification from the call-in voicemail app without listening to every message twice?

I recently bought the Samsung A32. The voicemail notification would not got away after reviewing the voicemails through both the vvm app and dialing. I forced stopped the phone app through settings, and voila, notification gone. May not work for every phone but it did for this model. 

Force stopping the phone app through settings helped remove the voicemail notification from my Samsung A32. 

My question is similar, along the same lines as the others above, but what I most need to know is, how to totally disable the voicemail that requires you to dial something, and use ONLY Visual Voicemail? Everytime I click the notification that I have a voicemail, it always goes straight to the phone dialer version of voicemail, which I NEVER EVER want to use; I have Visual Voicemail set up, so it should ONLY use that, NOT the very-annoying one that you have to dial.

How do I fix this?

Any fix here? 

Badge

Force stopping the phone app through settings helped remove the voicemail notification from my Samsung A32. 

I don't see Voicemail even listed IN settings anymore. Visual yes, regular no. 

So , No fix here? Thanks for nothing TMobile

I went to the visual vm app and clicked the top 3 dot button and hit refresh and the notification disappeared after. Maybe this could help!

Mia Ima - your answer worked. Thank you!!

2023 Samsung S23 Ultra here.  Nice phone - but still same issue. Further, no ‘refresh’ option with hitting those 3 dots in voicemail.   The persisting voicemail notification after viewing the visual voicemail is  a pest.