Question

Restricted Mode on YouTube

• 29 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

While using my network data, the restricted mode on my YouTube account is enabled and grey out so you can't disable it. How do I fix this?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

this is a bit odd..i dont have this issue on my TMO LG V60. what device are yall running? wonder if its a specific OEM running into this

Badge

If you’re signed into your account through the app, I’d try signing on to a desktop and try going through the setting there to see if you can disable that Restricted Mode. You may have to remove/readd your Google account after you do this to retest it and see if it works. 

for me it didn’t work

Been having the same issue and it says I have it disabled every but on my phone when I’m using data. I have no idea what is going on but its driving me up the wall and it’s been months and I haven't been able to fix it.

If you’re signed into your account through the app, I’d try signing on to a desktop and try going through the setting there to see if you can disable that Restricted Mode. You may have to remove/readd your Google account after you do this to retest it and see if it works. 

for me it didn’t work

i was just at home and out of nowhere it happened and it’s been 7 months and i can’t solve the solution 

Badge

I'm able to turn restrictions on and off while on wifi, it's only an issue while using data. Does that matter?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15