Question

S21 Ultra loses data connection multiple times a day w/5G and full bars

• 3 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

I recently jumped ship from AT&T to come back to T-Mobile and bought an S21 Ultra and have major issues w/the phone losing data connection multiple times a day. I can be sitting in my living room w/ full service and 5G and randomly lose all data connection, even while the phone shows full bars. It will randomly come back online or I can jumpstart it by turning data on/off or airplane mode on/off. I’ve contacted customer service and have reset network settings, cleared cache partition, and to no avail it does the same thing day after day. Has anybody else experienced this or have any ideas for a fix? I’ve attached a screenshot of what I’m seeing on my end.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Ah, that’s so rough but I have a couple thoughts. I’d make sure the Switch 2G / 3G / 4G LTE / 5G settings are set to 5G/LTE/3G/2G (auto connect). Since you’ve contacted Tech Support already, I’d follow up with them to see if they’ve filed a Service Complaint for your area. They can let you know the status of that ticket. 

Badge

Thanks for the speedy response. Yes the network setting is on 5G/LTE/3G/2G. I've tried the 2G/3G/4GLTE setting and have the same results.