Question

Service doesn't switch over from roaming

• 7 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

I’m a new customer, and I’m noticing a big problem with my service.  When I am driving through a roaming area, my phone doesn’t switch back to native service when I re-enter T-Mobile’s coverage area.  It will persistently roam, even after I restart my phone or put it into airplane mode.  I currently use a OnePlus 7T (factory unlocked), but I also tested this problem with my factory unlocked Galaxy Note 8.  Both phones consistently roam in areas where T-Mobile states I should have coverage.  Only when I’m parked for a few minutes in one spot does my phone switch over to LTE service and recognize the T-Mobile service.

What’s going on?  Is it just a weaker signal?  I’m about to switch back to AT&T.  I have duel-sim capability on my phone, and when running both services, only T-Mobile has this issue. 

Does anyone have any guidance on this?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

What network is it roaming on to?  I can say that OnePlus has some issues with their latest firmwares for their devices.  10.0.3.2 and 10.0.3.3 both have significant issues, although 10.0.3.3 has slightly improved the mess that 10.0.3+2 introduced.  These issues also exist on the 7T's, 8's, 8 Pro's, both directly from OnePlus and T-Mobile.