Solved

signal next to non existent in Ravensdale (sport Complex) Park, WA

• 14 March 2017
  • 3 replies

Anyone else having problems at this location or surrounding area? Big black hole for service despite being a very popular Sports Complex, but signal leaves less to be desired from T-Moblie. The other major networks are there, but not Magenta. About 15-20 acre complex not including surrounding areas. Started with Voicestream way back because they were the only reliable provider in what was considered a rural area, way more than this park. Now have been spending some time at the Ravensdale Park for a few years and no improvement in the network signal. Cannot call, text or access the internet. Other T-Mob users have the same issue, very, very spotty and have found just one spot; where if lucky I'd be getting one bar wether on a Galaxy S7 or Iphone7. The coverage map shows fair signal, but I would strongly disagree. Come- on T-Mobile let's get this fixed.... 😠

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 21 March 2017, 17:39

I just took a look at the map as well and it's definitely not the best location for signal but you should still be able to get something while outdoors. If you are not getting anything at all in the area we will need to get a service request sent up to the local teams there. Give us a call when you have some time so we can get this logged for you.

View original

3 replies

Is there a hill between the park and Rte 169? There seems to be a multi-band tower near the intersection of rte-169 and Kent Kingsley Rd. but the signal doesn't seem to get to the park, or is very weak when it gets there. If a hill is blocking the signal, they will have to install a new tower somewhere to the east. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a new tower. They often take years to get the permits, even just to hang new antennas on an existing structure.

Both Sensorly and CellMapper show some LTE signal on Kent Kingsley near the park. So, someone is getting some signal there. This is pretty much all that T-Mobile's claim of "fair" service means. Anything between 2 bars an "Huh?" seems to qualify. Never bank on "fair" service.

Userlevel 5

I just took a look at the map as well and it's definitely not the best location for signal but you should still be able to get something while outdoors. If you are not getting anything at all in the area we will need to get a service request sent up to the local teams there. Give us a call when you have some time so we can get this logged for you.

Thanks Chris, just did as you suggested.

KS