Question

slow data, dropped calls, service unavailable

• 30 December 2020
  • 18 replies

Badge

Start off by saying TMobile sucks.

Switched from Verizon Samsung S8 to Tmobile Samsung 20 5G.

1 ST WEEK.  Minor network issues, just thought it was trying to see my usage. 

2nd week, went back to Costco t-mobile hub for Failed to send text messages and slow!! Speeds. The reset network settings. 

4th week. Returned back to Costco for same issues. They game me new Sim cards

6th week. Called t-mobile service, they said 5G doesn't work in Los Angeles, hmm. To switch to 4g.

6th week. Returnwd to Costco, they said 5g works in Los Angeles. Gave me 2 new phones.

7th week. Dead zones inside buildings. Dropped calls. No service calling out. At home wifi slow speeds. Kb data speeds.

8th week, called t-mobile, same thing they reset network settings and said they are "pushing" keys on their side.

9th week. T mobile does a factory reset, again.

10th week. T.mobile says the 5g has been down.

11th week. T mobile finally transfers me to Samsung service. Advise to take it to ibreakufix authorized repair shop.

12th week. The shop does a OS flash, but all my settings and pics and messages remain. Did they really Flash it or just do another factory reset

13th week. Every issue still exist. So freaking frustrating. 

My friends government phone, is faster and more reliable. My mom's bf cricket wireless is better. 

Just going to go back to Verizon. Wanted to see if it was a phone issue or network. BTW this happend to Two phones. 

18 replies

Same thing with me. Advised to take the phone to the same shop. Send it back to Samsung. Tell them it keeps loosing reception in a great reception area.

Badge

Same thing with me. Advised to take the phone to the same shop. Send it back to Samsung. Tell them it keeps loosing reception in a great reception area.

Did you ever get any results back from t-mobile?. do you also have the S20 5G?

Yes. So here is the deal. The issues are the phone is trying to connect to 5g towers and the phone was made to do so. It takes a few weeks to completely upgrade a tower, and Covid 19 has slowed that down. Give it a few more months, I no longer have this issue. My tower was upgraded today.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

As a note… make sure that your device has gone through any/all software updates.  I had similar issue with both LG Velvet 5G and One Plus 8 5G.  LG Velvet issues were really an issue of LG not allowing 5G SA, where much of Northern MI is 5G SA 

I have s21 5g, slow data. I did network speed test, max speed is 2.5mbps according to fast.com. tmobile is terrible in the bay area. Going back to Verizon. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Internet and data issues is a good place to start for fixing this issue. Make sure our coverage map shows that your area has 5G coverage in you area. A Trouble Ticket is a last resort for resolving this.

Same issue with my s20 and no answers. Constantly restarting phone to get it to work. Switching to at&t

Badge

I live on Long Island and T-Mobile’s 5G is useless I went into settings and turned it off back to LTE and that’s not a bargain either. Moved the hole family over from Sprint, that was a big mistake. We feel like we went back over 15 years in cell phone service. Slow service and lots and lots of dead zones. I’m sure everyone remembers dead zones. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just as an FYI for Los Angeles area...for service in general,  it's boom or bust.

If you're on a Samsung with 5g IN the Los Angeles area… disable n71 SA and n71 NSA and your device will work much better.  This is through *#2263#

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Internet and data issues is a good place to start for fixing this issue. Make sure our coverage map shows that your area has 5G coverage in you area. A Trouble Ticket is a last resort for resolving this.

Lol.  I'm in 5g/4g coverage map area in Cambria,  CA and it's ‘No Service ‘ and has been that way for .. years, with multiple tickets.  Network/ OEM just gives a ‘our maps are only an estimate ‘ answer and a ‘sorry about your luck’ attitude.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Tmobile has over exaggerated its coverage,  as usual.

Badge

I went from Sprint service ( I had for 15 years ) and a iPhone SE to the iPhone 13. Verizon and Sprint where definitely the Kings of New York Long Island area with AT&T training behind for reliability / speed. Verizon is way to expensive with silly rules and caps, Sprint was much cheaper and very straight forward. Then I got tricked into migrating over to T-Mobile now I have slow unreliable service. Yep dead zones are back. Can’t go into any big box stores because you will loose service. I had to turn off 5G on my phone because you are unable to use your Maps YouTube and Netflix have to use LTE. I’m very disappointed with T-Mobile I really want to give them a chance but my phone is really a modern day tool that I use for work and or entertainment everyday. I’m seriously looking into AT&T and or the high priced Version. 

Whomever said "Coverage Map" 😂😭🤣😂 we all know the coverage maps are lies, nothing but false advertising because we all know in the business of sales marketing there are always legal loopholes so the big rich companies can keep on getting more $$ the first 3 months my service, data, etc. Was excellent now for the last 3 months even at home & work I either had no signal and now I'm always roaming on at&t which t-blow restricts it so bad that a man with no legs could beat it in a foot race 🙄Also t-blow has constantly lied "We upgrade you towers to give you best 5g" 🤣🙄Little bit later get a different rep/tech that actually told me the truth and said apparently there's been no work or upgrades to my closest tower & the tower must be so bad because the tech told me I was between 6-13 miles from it plus I had another tower really close 🙄 I'm definitely switching to AT&T 'cause I know it works since my work phone is thru them. But I was trying to be like liberty mutual only pay for what you need really loved the t-blow prices compared to other REAL carriers but I see why REAL carriers cost so much because there stuff actually works! You guys don't know how much I hate t-blow with their LIES my phone is practically useless every where it does make a nice paper weight tho pretty soon it's gonna make a nice shot put when I smash this mfer to pieces when I get switched over to AT&T 💯😉🤟💪

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Samsung radio firmware have been a mess since the rollout of 5G devices and Android 12 hasn't helped with that.  Have you considered trying a OnePlus device or a device from another manufacturer? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Tmobile deployment in some areas are just 💩

If you have a Samsuns S20/S21, I'd recommend disabling n71 SA and especially n71 NSA.

5g n71 isn't deployed on all sites, but hangs on , and actually can make your service  slower than LTE. 

Badge

Does anyone know how to get that Cell-Fi signed booster from T-Mobile 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Does anyone know how to get that Cell-Fi signed booster from T-Mobile 

Call Customer Support, explain to them why you need one, and hope they agree.  

T-mobile Pilipino telesales are just a bunch of liars. After providing my address to the telesales rep I was told I would get a great signal and 5G coverage. This was a flat out lie. Could not even make or receive a phone call for the first three weeks I was on their plan. Since then, I have had to call their customer service over 300 times. Constant no service messages and when I do have service the calls are constantly dropped. When I attempt to use the Franklin mobile hotspot I experience constant buffering when streaming and most of the time apps like Skype and Zoom don’t function well enough to try using them. When I finally was able to talk with a US tech they were honest and told me I wasn’t even in what they call their cone of service area, and they were surprised that I could use the phone at all.

They are the worst cell provider company I have ever dealt with. I would not recommend T-mobile to my worst enemy if I had one. As soon as I pay off my phones I am gone from the miserable company.