Question

SMS from iPhones delayed

• 18 June 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

Lately, I’ve been having an intermittent problem with SMS messages sent to me from iPhones.  They are severely delayed anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour.  Messages sent from Android phones are unaffected.  Also MMS messages from iPhones (media, group messages) are unaffected.  

My phone is Android (OnePlus Nord N200).  I am using Google Messages and have Chat Features enabled.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

thats literally what he said in the first post lol.

iMessage is Apples own thing..which has its own on again off again issues of its own..especially when interacting with Android devices..no issues Apple to Apple though..shocker right? lol

back when Sprint was still alive their site had an ongoing thread about this exact issue..if memory serves it was at roughly 40ish pages give or take… the one way it was usually fixed..or at least a work around..was the Apple users had to turn off imessage...which asking any Apple owner to do such a thing is on the same level as asking them to hand over their first born lol.

Badge

Actually, a correction.  T-Mobile may be the problem.  My friend, who has an Android phone on Verizon, received an SMS from my work iphon, normally.  One I sent to my T-Mobile Android phone hasn’t arrive (30 minutes & counting).

Badge

I pretty much only get messages from my wife and kids.  Some days it’s normal others it isn’t, so it’s not a setting on the phones.  I have an iPhone for work on AT&T and it’s the same thing.  I can only assume it’s on Apple’s back end somewhere.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It's the people who have the iPhones. They may need to turn on sms in the iMessage app.

Badge

This is an entirely recent thing.  I’ve use Android phones for years and didn’t have problems like this.  This only started a few months ago.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

iMessages doesn't play well with Android. It's a known issue.