Question

SMS URL String

• 29 January 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge

My router as a two level logon protection and can SMS a code to my phone for verification.  For this the router needs a URL string.  Here is an example for another SMS provider: bulksms.vsms.net:5567/eapi/submission/send_sms/2/2.0?username=###txtUser###
&password=###txtPwd###&msisdn=###txtDest###&message=###txtMsg###.  Can anyone advise the format for using TMobile SMS?  

9 replies

Has this issue been resolved yet?  I have multiple NAS units at our business that can send out SMS to URL’s…  but not by email addresses.  It’s been 9 months since the answer for this question.  PLEASE tell me this has changed….  It IS almost 2022 now…  Is there an SMS URL for T-Mobile yet?  I just switched from another provider (their URL worked flawlessly).  I DO like T-Mobile better, except for this one thing.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Good question. We don’t have a URL string we can give you to enter. The only option other than sending a regular SMS is to use +1PhoneNumber@tmomail.net. That’ll send it like an email but that’ll be different than what you’re describing.

Badge

What you are trying to do typically requires that you create an account with a commercial SMS gateway provider. (The example URL you gave was for BulkSMS.) These providers send messages from an SMS short code to a recipient on your behalf. They generally support hundreds of different cellular service providers, including T-Mobile.

I too am having the same issue and am in need of a SMS URL.

I take it the T-Mobile staff no longer monitors these feeds…  Shame…  This is a legitimate concern...

Bulk SMS URL string refers to a specific format of a URL that allows text messages to be sent from a webpage. It is typically formatted as "sms:<phone number>?body=<message text>" and when clicked, it opens up the default texting app on a user's device and populates the recipient's phone number and message text. This allows for a more seamless process of sending text messages directly from a webpage without having to manually input the information.

Badge

To avoid confusion:

What you are describing is formally called an "sms" URI. It is defined by the Internet Engineering Task Force in RFC 5724. Other people may informally use other names for it.

The question here was about sending an SMS from a device which doesn't have mobile network service. An "sms" URI (by itself) doesn't help with that.

There is a company named BulkSMS (with no space in between) whose website is bulksms.com. They offer a paid service that will send an SMS message on your behalf, from such a device. They provide a URI format that their customers can use to send these messages via an HTTP request. Other companies with this type of service include Twilio, Clickatell, etc. (In fact the link in your message refers to another such company.)

An SMS URL string is a web link that, when clicked, sends a text message. It's handy for bulk SMS services, like notifying customers of promotions. I once used it for my clothing store's flash sale - saved time and boosted sales. Give it a shot for efficient messaging!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

An SMS URL string is a web link that, when clicked, sends a text message. It's handy for bulk SMS services, like notifying customers of promotions. I once used it for my clothing store's flash sale - saved time and boosted sales. Give it a shot for efficient messaging!

This is not permitted to prevent unwanted spam.