So still haveing issues with coverage

Show first post

156 replies

I just got back from a long road trip vacation around the New England area. In Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine, T-Mobile is a complete embarrassment. Having even a signal is hit or miss, and more often than not I am stuck roaming on AT&T or US Cellular which is limited to 50MB and throttled to roughly 64kbps. In the Boston, MA area, T-Mobile was amazing and not even slow at all. I use Google Maps for navigation with Android Auto on my car so I can always glance and see my signal. Most of the time up north it was E or H roaming and rarely LTE. A few times I had to hunt down for Wifi or use my work provided AT&T phone and it's hotspot. Dragon, that tower by you will NEVER be fixed. I will be switching to Verizon very soon.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Thanks @tmo_chris‌ i hope so to because i truly want to stay with team magenta. I will definitely give it like 2-3 months before i make any rash decisions ofcoures especially since T-mobile isn't the only ones to be doing some major overhaul to their network. I just pray things work out and again thank you i'm sure you will still see me on the other forums of course.

Userlevel 5

Hey Dragon,

I am super bummed that we were not able to relieve you of your congestion problems I know that you have put in a tremendous effort for this all while being super helpful to others here in the support community! We really appreciate your presence here as well as your kind words. I totally understand where you are coming from and while we would be incredibly sad to lose you, I know that you need to have reliable service in an area that you are spending a majority of your time. I hope that these B12 upgrades make it to your area sooner rather than later so that you can get the service that you deserve!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Just want to thank you as well specifically i see you all the time on forums

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Just got off the phone with T-mobile spoke to a kind rep named breanna. I told her about the ticket and got the results and the consensus was the obvious the tower is congested. I was told two other towers are still do for band 12 but one of them did indeed get it. Needless to say it was no help for my congestion woes. I'm happy to see improvements being made in my area don't get me wrong but i do wish you guys would focus on the core issue here. Coverage is decent enough in fact its excellent in terms of strength where i need it. What it is not however is fast .01 is unacceptable when your only servicing a area of max 10,000 people and i know for a fact not everyone of them is useing the T-mobile tower.If AT&T can provide speeds that are litterly faster then most peoples home internet (50mb down) or at the very least a consistent 5mb or better why can T-mobile not seem to figure it out. Its only gunna get worse once summer comes around sadly 😥.

I seriously love you guys as a company i truly do with all my heart your doing all the right things when it comes to PR but if your service can not even match Sprint then what is the point of being a customer. The only huge things still left that keep me around is your amazing roaming agreements when it comes to travel and the fact that you guys do have extraordinary service at my college and in the city. However i spend atleast half the year in the ellwood area and for work stuff to so that is when your service needs to work the best and its at its worst.

Please don't think i'm frustrated at you amazing staff that work the forums since i know its not your fault i'm just highly disappointed with this whole ordeal since you have so much potential for this market you have no idea. I mean you have 3 really well positioned towers and two of them have access to Fiber that i'm positive of. Like i said you got the location and resources you just gotta get it together.

This forum won't have anything posted for a while at the very least a month since i will be giving things time and i don't think there is anything left i can do. Of course i still plan to help others if i can it just seems cruddy that this is the way it is since like i said T-mobile really is a amazeing company that i want to thrive and be successful you guys are just missing the core issue here.

Thank you everyone again for taking the time to help and walk this journey with me and again thank you awesome support team.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

So i called in today to get and update in my area the person i spoke to and was very kind and had confirmed that band 12 has been put in place. He also informed me that when that storm happened they had redeposited the antennas away from me and could be the reason for the degraded service. The engineer is supposed to re position the antenna around so hopefully this is the simple fix. I'll keep everyone posted.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Yes i have tested the network in my area with devices such as the nexus 6p (my current phone) the iPhone 7 plus, galaxy s7 etc. However this should not matter to much since the tower that has the issues with the abysmal speeds is using band 2 and has excellent signal strength to begin with. If you need any other info don't be afraid to ask me and i appreciate you taking the time to try and help.

Do you have the new phones with LTE Band 12?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

holy cow i should have really reread what i posted auto correct messed up a lot of what i said anywho. Its been a while since anyone else has commented on here. Also i was wondering J cap has service never improved around you at all or is it just certain places where it stays bad.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

‌I don't man I have watched the coverage in my area go from 2g to LTE and have seen the inpro countless times. However they have ignored my area tie all started happening ironically after a bad store that damaged the tower but they fixed it and said that it's working properly which means it just comes down to congestion because we get 4-5 bars of service. Anywho the point is things do get better consistently it's just seems like you got to live closer to the city then I do for it to be reasonably fast . I'll wait because I like Tmobile for various reasons but i understand your feelings to trust me

Trust me and believe me, it will never be resolved. It has been well over a year since my speed issues have been occurring with T-Mobile. I've been submitting endless complaints which have been met with the same canned responses. Unfulfilled promises of improvements "soon".

I am so sick of loading up Google Maps during my travels having a full signal and the app saying "limited results slow connection". Once I get my hands on the new Google Pixel, it's Verizon for me. I'm willing to pay a little more for something that actually works when I need it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Just as a update speeds are seriously terrible still when connecting to the Ellwood tower. However i will say speeds have improved when i went into the city of Pittsburgh today. There is terrible coverage on the highway itself which is disappointing seeing as its a major turnpike plus you can litterly look at all the towers.

I'm just commenting as a update to make sure this forum is active. Just to emphasis how terrible the service is for Koppel/Ellwood area the download speeds where quite litterly 0 just straight up 0 while upload was 3mb this test was ran at 6 am so the network should not have been to congested. This is a very serious issue. I don't like having usable service only half the time.

Hope things can get better soon i would seriously be quite happy and satisfied if speeds would at least be around 5mb down which is not so much to ask for in my opinion and sorry if this was unnecessary just want to make sure this thread does not get marked assumed resolved or anything.

Greetings from Rutland, VT roaming on AT&T. I'm so over this. I guess the roaming agreement is throttling down to 1G speeds which don't work for ANYTHING!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

The Google Pixel works on AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile, not just Verizon - CNET

The Piexel C should work with any carrier as per this article and the spec sheet listed on googles website.

Userlevel 6

It's an exclusive deal between Verizon and Google that they are the only carrier to offer it. Not that it wouldn't be locked. The Verizon one will have locked bootloader too.

tidbits wrote:......Back when GTE(Verizon's old name) .......

Bell Atlantic, AirTouch, PrimeCo, GTE, Alltel, etc.

jcap334 wrote:

.......I have made my decision to switch back to Verizon mostly based on the fact that the new Google Pixel phone is being offered by them. .........

I understand that you can also buy the Pixel unlocked, direct from Google, for the same price. It's not exclusive to Verizon; they're just the only carrier offering it. Maybe Google refused to lock it and that was too much for the other carriers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Not all that interesting. Back when GTE(Verizon's old name) was around they made all sorts of shady deals that even stuck down to today. Even here in Hawaii there are some places where Verizon is long because they have towers where no tower is able to be built. So they w

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

‌thats pretty interesting from my personal experience AT&T has had excellent coverage throughout most of the US that I have been to. Don't think that I doubt your statement I just find it interesting that Verizon would have a monopoly on that area for cell coverage.

I travel a lot so I need the most consistent coverage I can get. I was recenty at Cherry Springs State Park, PA and the ONLY carrier that has service there is Verizon. All the rest are dead, no signal.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

‌to be fair I don't fault them for SMS not being as reliable as other options due to all the variables  that effect the sevice I just can't understand how I have a better experience on 2g some when. It comes to texting needs lol. Honestly I would recommend staying away from Verzion and waiting a bit longer get the pixel unlocked and see if things get better where you live since it has support for some of the more recent tech being deployed . Also to be frank your speeds although not stellar are usable for most things . If you must switch go to att you get much more data then Verizon offers.

drnewcomb2, 25x25 LTE I meant was 20x20 Band 4 + Band 12 5x5.

dragon, I know what you mean! Texting on T-Mobile especially between other carriers is completely unreliable. Sometimes there are minutes to many hours of a delay to sending/receiving! Everybody I frequently talk to I hound them to not text and use Messenger instead lol!

Back on the subject of coverage and speed. I have made my decision to switch back to Verizon mostly based on the fact that the new Google Pixel phone is being offered by them. I am sick of the inconsistent network performance, going inside of a building and having a chance of having little to no signal, and when traveling far and wide around the country, dealing with areas with roaming on AT&T and no signal at all.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

‌well in the mean time as I wait for coverage to improve I just use my other AT&T phone for any of my data needs and try my best to avoid texting on my t-mobile device and instead opt to use apps like facebook messenger since it is ironically much more reliable

AFAIK, 25x25 LTE is not defined.

It's pathetic, isn't it? Band 4 20x20 coupled with Band 12 5x5 should not be this slow. On an uncongested tower I can pull 80 - 100MBit/sec.

My T-Mobile LTE Cellspot broadcasts Band 4 10x10 and can peak at around 64MBit/sec. Of course that is just me on my own personal tower lol. Doing some math, 25x25 should peak at around 150MBit/sec give or take!