Solution for iPhone with no cellular data

• 11 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

If you experience:

• device: iPhone with iOS 14.5 or 14.6
  • plan: prepaid
  • symptom: After you updated your iOS to 14.5 or 14.6 the cellular data stopped working. Both text and call work, but cellular data (LTE) does not work. You can see the LTE logo and have strong signal but there is no cellular data connection.

Here is the solution that works for me:

Update your iOS to beta version which is iOS 15 now through Apple Beta Software Program. Just search “Apple Beta Software Program”, go to the website and follow the guide.

Big thanks to this post reply by eice2000:

4 replies

My daughter updated to iOS 15 last night. She has an iPhone 12 Pro, and we are on the Magenta Max plan.  It is absolutely crazy!  As of this morning, she still has no cellular data.  We are at a complete loss.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

you might want to look into other possibilities for why she no longer has data. the 14.5 and 14.6 updates were the ones that messed up data..the 15 update was the one that fixed it...well supposedly..contact TMO through either calling or through Facebook/Twitter..the last 2 routes will land you with tier 2 support compared to the call in tier 1 support..

Mercifully, it was fixed today.  I called, AGAIN, and they had to have an engineer call my daughter to fix it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

so in her scenario it wasnt the update itself that messed it up but something else? mind posting what she can into and what they did to fix it (minus any personal info etc) in case someone else also runs into this?