Question

Sprint 5g can't get Standalone 5g?

• 18 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

When can sprint 5g phones be able to use the 5g standalone networks?

4 replies

Badge

I have the same question - Is T-mobile ever going to let Sprint 5 G phones use there 5G network?  I have the LG V50 ThinQ 5G.  It will no longer get a 5G signal since the merger

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I have the same question - Is T-mobile ever going to let Sprint 5 G phones use there 5G network?  I have the LG V50 ThinQ 5G.  It will no longer get a 5G signal since the merger

phone dependent you should already be connecting to their 5G.

ive been connecting to their 5G since i upgraded to the V60..Sprint doesnt have 5G anywhere in a 2 hour drive range around me...so im connecting to TMO

is your roaming turned on?

Badge

Yes roaming is on.  The LG V50 ThinQ 5G has the 1st generation 5G radios and will not work on T-Mobile’s network that is using Sprints midrange spectrum for there network.   https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/07/03/t-mobile-confirms-its-going-to-brick-5g-on-most-sprint-5g-phones-post-merger/

T-Mobile is supposed to notify owners of older sprint 5G phones to offer us the Galaxy S20 so we can use the faster network but so far nobody that I’m aware of has heard anything from them.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

interesting..

oddly enough my LTE just dumped here at my work location (super windy here in Nor Cal currently)..

but aside from that i can say i manually switched to 4G/LTE CDMA only until they finish out their 5G upgrades..my work and home locations are pretty rough 5G speed wise..