Question

Sprint and T-Mobile Merger Issue

• 10 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

I don’t know why my post was closed for comment. Here’s my original post:

I am a Sprint customer and live in a rural area. My signal is very bad so Sprint gave me a Magic Box to use to enhance the signals. It worked for a while and lately, it stopped working properly. All my 5 lines were on roaming at times and my data reception was very bad. Sprint tower is only 3 miles from me. Sprint sent me the T-mobile sim cards and asked me to swap them. I did on one of my line and my phone couldn’t connect to the network. Sprint Tech said among the 3 Sprint towers near me, only one of them were switched to T-Mobile and it is 7 miles away, that’s why my device couldn’t connect to that tower because it’s too far away.

As of now, I can hardly get any data reception even if I connect my Magic Box. You would think T-Mobile would switch ALL OF MY THREE TOWERS so my devices can connect to them with T-Mobile sim cards.

T-Mobile has completely screwed up the Sprint towers in my area and I am paying over $300 per month for 5 lines. When I called Sprint, no one knows what to do and just told me they’ll file a report about the tower problems, but nothing was resolved.

It seems like T-Mobile is treating Sprint customers as chop livers, and don’t care about them since they are NOT REAL T-Mobile customers.

I have been with Sprint over 10 years, with treatment like this, I am seriously thinking switching to a different carrier, period !

ONE VERY ANGRY SPRINT CUSTOMER

Unquote.

My reply to fireguy_6364:

I did hook my Magic Box back up and is working fine now. If I don’t use the Magic Box, I’ll only get 3G, once a while 4G will pop up. No 5G, period. I was told that the Magic Box will be discontinued very soon as it won’t work for T-Mobile. Hopefully it’ll be after all my towers were switched to T-Mobile. And hopefully T-Mobile will have a signal booster lie Magic Box for people live in rural areas like me.

2 replies

Badge

I have exact same issue (I have 5 phones too and thought I was reading my own post at first). Told to switch to tmobile sim card and tower is two times as far. Jitter is up to 875 ms, just terrible. Sprint has no access to tmobile network, they can’t even see what tower my phone is on. They have no authority to send a tmobile booster. Tmobile won’t talk to me because I have sprint account. Do you send text to emails. When I send to emails, especially gmail, the text message, even if only word, is placed in an attachment called “Text” with no extension. It shows in preview pane but not the body of the emails. 

For others, don’t switch to tmobile sim card because they are unable to support it. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

My reply to fireguy_6364:

I did hook my Magic Box back up and is working fine now. If I don’t use the Magic Box, I’ll only get 3G, once a while 4G will pop up. No 5G, period. I was told that the Magic Box will be discontinued very soon as it won’t work for T-Mobile. Hopefully it’ll be after all my towers were switched to T-Mobile. And hopefully T-Mobile will have a signal booster lie Magic Box for people live in rural areas like me.

sorry..didnt see this until now. the Magic Box is only a 4G device anyways so you wont see 5G there...i know they (TMO) are still upgrading a ton of towers with a ton still in need of upgrading as well..for right now with the TMO sim card in your phone you’ll be pulling from both Sprints existing towers as well as TMO towers..which the TMO customers are unable to do if im remembering correctly. im still not fully up to speed on what TMO uses booster wise or what options they have..i should probably unlazy myself into learning their systems a bit more lol.