Solved

Studying abroad in New Zealand - what will I be charged for?

• 24 February 2016
  • 6 replies

My daughter is studying abroad this semester in NZ. She just told me her boyfriend on Verizon is being charged $.20 for receive her texts and $.25 to send her texts. Customer services tells me she has accrued $45 in charges but can't tell me what for until the bills is printed. Am I being charged to send and receive texts or calls from her? We are both on the same family plan. Is she being charged to send and receive texts from other plans or t-mobile? Thought we were covered for text and data and $.20 for voice calls, but evidently not.

icon

Best answer by smplyunprdctble 24 February 2016, 17:52

If you're on a Simple choice plan, she should only get charged how you're anticipating (covered for text and data, twenty cents a minute for voice calls)

If you're on a DIFFERENT plan, you'll get charged a different rate.

International Plans | Traveling Abroad without Roaming Fees | T-Mobile

Contact T-Force on Social Media - Community-2153

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6

If you're on a Simple choice plan, she should only get charged how you're anticipating (covered for text and data, twenty cents a minute for voice calls)

If you're on a DIFFERENT plan, you'll get charged a different rate.

International Plans | Traveling Abroad without Roaming Fees | T-Mobile

Contact T-Force on Social Media - Community-2153

Thanks for the reply. I'm just not sure where the accrued charges are from. She's only been there a week and hasn't made many calls, but has received texts from other plans. Can she call another tmobile phone for free or is that $.20 also?

Userlevel 6

All calls would be billed at twenty cents a minute

Userlevel 6

T-Force should at least be able to do a different peak into the account or possibly let you know if something is going awry from what you expect.  I definitely would suggest you contact them.

This is all of course it you are on a Simple Choice post paid (credit check) plan. If it is the prepaid Simple Choice then international has to be added and also has charges for each message, etc.

For the Simple Choice (post paid) data 2G, text messages are free, calling is yes $0.20 per min but there is one way to get free calls and that is if connected to Wi-Fi calling phone calls to or from a US based number are free also.

If you log into your MyT-Mobile account you should be able to see the current usage and will show what kind of text message it was with a code. Regardless if you are SC pp and you get a bill that has international text messages on it just call 611 and they will get it fixed.

stevetjr wrote:

If you log into your MyT-Mobile account you should be able to see the current usage and will show what kind of text message it was with a code. Regardless if you are SC pp and you get a bill that has international text messages on it just call 611 and they will get it fixed.

I assume that @maryanddan is not registered for MyT-Mobile. If the daughter is on a family plan for which you are the primary user, you should be able to register for MyT-Mobile and get the activation code on you phone. If she is on her own plan, the activation code will go to her phone.