Suddenly can’t receive or make calls near University of Texas campus

Have an IPhone 5s. Last Wednesday, I suddenly could no longer make or receive calls near the University of Texas campus in Austin.  Tech support has been unable to fix the problem so far. Tried a new SIM card. Phone works great every where else. Any ideas?

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I appreciate you doing some troubleshooting already and I'm sorry this hasn't been resolved. Can you test the audio again after you switch it to 2G? If it's only happening in one area, a Service Complaint would need to be filed to have our engineers check into this further.

T-Mobile support said they can’t fix the issue and are sending me an IPhone SE at no charge, however I just received a docusign contract where I had to sign an agreement to pay $336 in order for the free phone order to be processed. They said they would not charge me for the replacement phone, so I’m a bit confused about that...

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hmm, I see. Was this document sent to your email? Does it mention anything about that being the non-return fee if the defective device isn't sent back?

It was sent to my email but didn’t state anything about it being a fee for an unreturned item, just the cost of the phone itself. Tech support said they would send the new phone out overnight and to watch my email for shipping details, but the email I received said my order would be canceled if I didn’t sign the docusign document. I also just got a text from T-Mobile this morning saying my card will be charged as soon as the phone ships, so I don’t think I’m going to get it overnight at this point.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Okay. It would be a good idea to reach back out to Tech Care and have them take another look at the order that was processed for you. Did they mention that this was going to be a warranty exchange for you?

I reached out to Tech Care and they said they would reverse the charges on my statement. Hopefully the new phone will solve my issue.

Sent from my iPhone

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

That's great news! I'm totally rooting for this new phone to fix this so you can use the service like normal. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi there!

Have you received your replacement phone yet? Just want to make sure it's working for you better. Please let us know.

I got the iPhone SE and it is working!! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Well, that's great news! I'm so glad to hear this phone is working out for you. Thanks for coming back to let us know.