Suddenly LTE won't work and I'm only getting edge.

• 18 January 2018
  • 17 replies

My zip code is 33606, Tampa. I was walking to my workplace and all of a sudden, my network turned into E from LTE.

I restarted my phone several times and it's still getting Edge.

What is going on? Please help me out.

17 replies

Userlevel 6

Which phone do you have?  Maybe some obstruction or construction. Try resetting the network settings.

Userlevel 4

Hey there! Are you still getting the E on your phone or has it switched back to LTE?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

If it resolved itself please let us know on the forums. It could have just been a quick upgrade or something if it lasted for a brief time.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Has this been resolved for you? We wanna make sure you're getting the best connection possible so please let us know how everything's going.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello again!

Just checking in to see if you still need help. Please give us a reply and let us know how things are going.

I’m having the same issue pos phone and network. I have been with T-Mobile for over 15 years and have the latest phone out now. Still edge and absolutely crappy signal in my house zip code 96789

Having the same issue.

Mine been doing it it gets annoying 

I just went through this. Solution was I was set on 4g. Switched off 4g and selected LTE. 

This just happened to me.  My service was good and I pulled into my drive way and I get edge and data doesnt work. all bars on the phone still and it has switched over to edge.  I have tried the sims on 2 different phones and same outcome.. I have checked all the settings. What do I do?  I called support , they said I need a new phone.. which makes no sense since it worked in another area.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

are there any other TMO phones around you? if theyre seeing the same thing and not in any way or form part of your account then its a network issue. if you leave that area and signal improves then its network..

are there any other TMO phones around you? if theyre seeing the same thing and not in any way or form part of your account then its a network issue. if you leave that area and signal improves then its network..

what do I do, if it is a network issue? such as if i leave the area and it gets better?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

contact TMO either through call or preferably through either Facebook or Twitter and put in a network ticket to have someone look into it. jumping right to having someone look at the tower doesnt speed up anything until you can rule out that it isnt your account or phone itself.

the site here is primarily peer to peer with some TMO moderation to keep the site in order only..they do not have account access.

thks, yea.. calling support is not fun and long wait times.. first girl i came into contact with basically said my phone is the issue.. bc its not on the tmobile network.. however the data had a strong connection when i first got it..then changed when i got home…

she then tried really hard to get me to buy a phone.. so , there is that. i need to test it in other areas/.. problem is, from what i see. almost everyone i have talked to works on commission, so u have to take what they say with a grain of salt. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

thats the difference between the bottom rung tier 1 support and tier 2 support.

any secret getting to tier 2?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

read my signature at the bottom of my post here.

i type out that same thing about 10 + times a day..decided to include it into my signature lol

The site here is primarily peer to peer with some TMO moderation to keep the site in order..They do not have account access..The prefered method would be to contact TMO through either calling in (tier 1 support) or by contacting them through either Facebook/Twitter (tier 2 support)