Question

Switch from Sprint to T-mobile SIM card and group texts don't work

• 12 April 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge

I’ve been a Sprint customer and just got the T-Mobile SIM cards for my family. We put them in and now group texts don’t work - we can’t send or receive messages in them. Regular texts work fine, and we can send SMS texts with photos. How do we get the group texts to work? We have Galaxy S10s and an S20.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Make sure your devices APN settings are correct.  

BYOD T-Mobile data & APN settings | T-Mobile Support (t-mobile.com)

Badge

I checked those and they seem correct. Although there doesn’t seem to be any way to change them if they aren’t.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

you have data correct? no issues there getting online etc?

Badge

Yes. Sending photos via MMS texting works as well. It’s just group texts among the three phones that don’t work. I can send a group text to the other two phones and someone else and it will send. It’s very odd.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

are you doing this from an existing group text or a new one? and im a bit curious to see if it might be that texting app messing up for you guys..whichever phone has the worst time sending group texts try downloading a different texting app like Google Messages and then try using it and see if the same thing still happens or not...also if you are working off an existing group text you might try deleting it fully then restarting a new one..trying to rule everything out here.

Badge

I’ve tried completely new group texts.

I just switched 3 of our 4 phone’s simm cards from sprint to T-Mobile.  Now I cant receive group text messages from other who are on sprint.  The other sprint users can include me on the group text but I wont get the text.  I can reply with a message in the group and they get it, but I still cant get their text messages responses.  I did swap back to the original sprint simm card on my phone and all the group text messages came through.  This still posed a problem because now being back on sprint, I couldn't receive group texts from the other 2 phones I moved to T-mobile.  Stuck and have to resort to a 3rd party message app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Are you using an iPhone?

Yes. I have an iPhone XR