Question

t-Mobile Data

Badge

Has anyone else had problems with their data not allowing them to access certain apps? Right now, if I’m using my mobile data I can’t send or receive snaps on Snapchat, I can’t send or receive anything on GroupMe, I can’t FaceTime anyone and I can’t join a FaceTime if someone calls me, and I can’t send pictures on iMessage. I tried deleting and redownloading the apps, tried restarting my phone, tried resetting my network settings and nothing works. These apps work when I’m on WIFI, but not when I try to use my data.  

5 replies

This sounds like “Family Controls” → “Web Guard” might be set to “High” instead of “No Filtering.”  We experienced the same “no help” conversation with T-Mobile support.  Seems like they don’t train their support staff to recognize the behavior related to their service settings/features.

So, particularly, the “High” setting blocks:

• Social Networking - Sites that promote interaction and networking between people.

Check here: https://my.t-mobile.com/account/profile/family_controls/webguard

Or navigate on the T-Mobile web site to: Profile → Family Controls → Web Guard

i’ve been having the same issue 

Badge

i’ve been having the same issue 

It’s so annoying and I contacted TMobile support and they couldn’t really help with it. But it’s definitely a T-Mobile issue and not an apple issue or an app developer issue since they work on Wi-Fi. 

Yea , I  messaged them yesterday and they couldn’t really help. All of my T-mobile friends are having this issue. 

Badge

Yea , I  messaged them yesterday and they couldn’t really help. All of my T-mobile friends are having this issue. 

Yeah all of my friends are having the issue too! Idk why T-Mobile can’t at least address the issue and saying they’re trying to fix it. It’s annoying!