t mobile now

Userlevel 4
Badge

Ever since the merger with sprint, t mobile has been absolute trash. Even after the new sim card its bad. Who ever thought it was a good idea to merge with sprint needs to get fired. Worst thing that has happened. And my job is dependant on having mobile data and if t mobile cant have their stuff together then im gonna have to switch.

62 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

tends to happen when millions of additional people get dropped onto an existing network..main reason theyre upgrading all their towers..last report was roughly a couple hundred per month ish..or maybe it was every week or two..either way they have a pretty decent ways to go still.

Userlevel 4
Badge

It should have never happened. It ruined everything. Tmobile is trash now and it screws up my job. Again. The people who wanted this deserve to get fired.

Userlevel 2

I don’t think I’ll renew service with T-mobile.

Userlevel 2

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!! I've been with T Mobile for over 3 years and now I can BARELY Send a Text or make a simple phone call! I've tried troubleshooting with them and it just will not work anymore. I'm switching to AT&T! I recommend everyone do the same!

• The merger destroyed their used to be good service. F RATED ALL THE WAY NOW!
Userlevel 2

Been with T-Mobile for 6 months after switching from Verizon. Worst mistake i ever made. Use my phone as a First Reaponder and for the Military and the coverage ia pure crap. Have to restart my phone 3/4 times per day cause i have no coverage. Had 3 different phones and none of them work. So at this point its a carrier issue. Ready to leave and not recommend them to anyone! Get 0 help from customer service. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sadly, for many, especially those not in the city like LA or NYC (as the elite call it “flyover country), there are many places where service is subpar.  For those looking to switch, I'd recommend “try before you cancel" your existing service.  I know of many places even here near Los Angeles where there is 'No Service’ on Tmobile, but At&,t and Verizon have 5 sites each, while Tmobile has one site 3 miles away on the other side of a 300’ hill, and another 8 miles away a +2000’ up into the mountains.

If it doesn't work, don't wait for it, and suffer and n the meantime.

Userlevel 1

Same here! I’ve been with T-Mobile for about 4 years and as soon as they put sprint in service was absolute trash! I’ve changed my SIM card to see if that worked & nope, no luck. I've even called 611 to see if they can fix the issue but didn't help. I'm definitely going to switch to another carrier. 

Just recently went under contract and when it works it works but sometimes network just COMPLETELY drops even though i have 5G with 3-4 bars, especially this seems to happen inside buildings. I want to go back to AT&T asap

Userlevel 2

This service is a complete PoS, not even the wifi calling works anymore. I am going to pay off my phone and switch the F out of this BS. I mean, wtf, it is so bad I would be better off not having a phone at all bc ppl think i am ignoring them, i dont get their messages, and mine dont send. It doesnt give you any warning it didnt send either, just basically after hours of wondering why ppl dont respond you check and see that it didnt send. This is the worst F’ing service I have ever had in my life and ironically, it used to be the best.

My coverage wasn't bad in Canton, OH. That is as long as I wasn't in a building(including my house!). I just moved to Hubert, NC and it barely works at all now. I guess thinking TMobile might get better after the Sprint merger is kinda like thinking Sears would improve from merging with Kmart!

They should be called T-maybe. Cause that's all the more guarantee you'll get that your service will work ..

Userlevel 1

Customer Service and Technical Support are the worst I have ever experienced.  The workers talk endlessly but never do their job which is to actually fix the problem.  I have wasted many hours over many days over many weeks trying to resolve the same problem.  A call can be transferred 3 to 4 times and it never gets resolved.  Just give up and switch carries, that is what I’m going to do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

My coverage wasn't bad in Canton, OH. That is as long as I wasn't in a building(including my house!). I just moved to Hubert, NC and it barely works at all now. I guess thinking TMobile might get better after the Sprint merger is kinda like thinking Sears would improve from merging with Kmart!

They should be called T-maybe. Cause that's all the more guarantee you'll get that your service will work ..

TMO doesnt get to just up and hit a switch and the Sprint towers can now push TMO signals..they have to change out all the equipment etc..meaning each Sprint tower they must now convert..gonna take a bit of time to do this...seeing as how it took a couple years to convert Sprints towers to LTE im going to go out on a limb and say its going to take roughly the same amount of time to do it yet again across the nation..

Userlevel 1

T-Mobile is oversold in my market (Central California). Off peak speed is ok but speed tests during peak hours show a connection whose speed is completely unusable. Can’t get the phone to do what I need it to do half the time. 

There’s a reason their service is cheaper. I guess you really do get what you pay for as I have more connectivity issues with TMO in week than I did in 15 years with AT&T. 4 months left on my iPhone 11 installment plan and then I am running back to AT&T and taking all 5 lines with me. 

Sprint sucked even worse and now T-Mobile sucks worse

Sprint was truly a good company until T-mobile took over. Now service has gone down drastically and prices have gone up on everything, especially new devices.  This merger was supposed to help instead is only helped T-mobiles pockets. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have been with Tmobile for 1 day and I have never seen a network run this slow. 

I have an iPhone XR, I cannot use my company wireless at work so to listen to music or podcasts while I work I went with Tmobile for an unlimited plan. But it looks like this was a big mistake. My podcast app will not load and SiriusXM will not load from my phone. 

I go to check my email and it says ‘No connection’ about 75% of the time. 

I had been a customer of T-Mobile for over 10 years, until yesterday. I switched to AT&T. T-Mobile has been going downhill for years. The cell service & data has been getting worse & worse & I finally had enough. I am glad I made the switch. I should have done it a long time ago. 

Userlevel 2

I switched to T-Mobil from Verizon after over 30 yrs. What a STUPID move I made!!  I thought I did the research for my area (92592). All the coverage maps indicated T-Mobile was saturating my town!, and Verizon was not even close. I downloaded apps to test tower signal strength etc all that I could think, T-Mobile looked pretty damn good. I made the switch. Well thanks to the pandemic, I had been indoors using wifi, until the other day. I tried to search something on google, nothing. Tried to text, nothing, call nothing, all while in different parts of town. My phone shows full bars and 5G, and I get $hit. 

Note to T-Mobile: Whys is this happening, and when are you gonna fix it.

In my opinion, you have tricked people by giving full strength signal, but knowing full well you have absolutely zero effin bandwidth!!

Sounds like a class action law suit to me. Anyone interested?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

so for the time being switch your phone to 4G LTE instead of 5G and see if your speeds improve..

I live near Dayton Ohio. I've been a customer for over 6 years. I have the s21 ultra and before that I had the one+ 6t. Anywhere I normally go I have full bars of 5g service. The issue is I have speeds of 1 bar of 2g. I used to brag about how tmobile was such a steal. Now if you try and use your phone during the day it's impossible. It just loads until the site times out. They have way more customers than what their towers can handle. 

I switched from Sprint to T-Mobile and now have NO service anywhere in my local area. They had better scramble to get this working for all of us!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

T-Mobile is oversold in my market (Central California). Off peak speed is ok but speed tests during peak hours show a connection whose speed is completely unusable. Can’t get the phone to do what I need it to do half the time. 

There’s a reason their service is cheaper. I guess you really do get what you pay for as I have more connectivity issues with TMO in week than I did in 15 years with AT&T. 4 months left on my iPhone 11 installment plan and then I am running back to AT&T and taking all 5 lines with me. 

Parts of the central valley were awful for performance in the past. Some areas Buttonwillow) had a site, but performance was 2g like speed.  Couldn't even stream audio.  I suspect that, like Cambria,  they didn't upgrade their backhaul since 2g/3g days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I live near Dayton Ohio. I've been a customer for over 6 years. I have the s21 ultra and before that I had the one+ 6t. Anywhere I normally go I have full bars of 5g service. The issue is I have speeds of 1 bar of 2g. I used to brag about how tmobile was such a steal. Now if you try and use your phone during the day it's impossible. It just loads until the site times out. They have way more customers than what their towers can handle. 

If you have a S21 (or any Samsung), disable n71 5g.  You'll probably pick up n41,  and your performance issues will go away

I don’t think I’ll renew service with T-mobile.

I should never have switched from Verizon. A few pennies I save it’s not worth the hours I spent on the phone literally every week with this POS company. They are absolute garbage and I regret switching every day of my life.

15 years with T-Mobile, I loved the customer service. That's all gone now, rude arrogant company now. I'm leaving soon. The problems we are all having since the merger are bad management.