News

T-Mobile’s calling out “Nationwide” 5G

• 25 November 2020
  • 61 replies
T-Mobile’s calling out “Nationwide” 5G
Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Everyone’s been talking about 5G. But if you talk the talk, can you walk the walk? T-Mobile’s been transparent about 5G since introducing the layer cake concept in 2018. It’s time to explain why T-Mobile’s 5G can compete with the other carriers and call out the myths surrounding “nationwide” coverage.

T-Mobile’s 5G

Building out 5G coverage for all T-Mobile customers is always ongoing. The foundation starts with doing right by customers. Making false claims and only providing a fraction of customers with 5G isn’t doing right by them. The T-Mobile 5G network is constantly improving and working towards reaching EVERYONE.

How?

The three layered strategy. Low-band covers larger land area for more reliability. Mid-Band covers a broad area balancing speed and range. High-Band gives super-fast data speeds for smaller areas.

Mid-band is already reaching 410 cities and towns and will reach 100 million people by the end of this year! Speeds in mid-band areas are averaging 300Mbps and peaking around 1 Gbps.

Imagine what you can do with those speeds! So what say you? If you had to choose one 5G phone, what would it be?

5G phones

iPhone 12

Galaxy S20 5G

Pixel 4a (5G)

OnePlus 8T+ 5G

Fact-Checking

Check out this video breakdown for more info about 5G coverage and comment below with your feedback.

61 replies

Badge

Hey @theczek  and thanks for posting.

I see coverage there, but it’s hard to tell exactly what service you’ll get. For a more accurate look, make sure you look up your specific address.

I’ve been through all the steps you mentioned, multiple times.

I’ve looked at the coverage area maps in detail.  It says 5G but the odds are I’ll get either 5G or LTE+ as indicated on my phone.. 

In either case the service is as I’ve been describing in multiple posts here.

There’s a signal alright, but there’s just very little bandwidth that you’re providing behind it.  Or I have to wait several minutes before TMobile gives me a time slice of it - which I think is the heart of the problem.

And since there’s supposedly a signal I can’t go to data roaming.

I’ll be interested to se what your engineering team comes up with.

Badge

If it continues, our Tech Care team can file a Service Complaint for that area so our local engineers can look into it further.

Here’s a screen shot of a speed test

Badge

it continues, our Tech Care team can file a Service Complaint for that area so our local engineers can look into it further.

It does continue.  So what has to be done to file a Service Complaint with the Tech Care team?

Do I just call TMobile?

Is it something you have to do?

Please let me know.

Thanks

I just joined T-Mobile and experiencing internet issues, even with 3-4 bars on 5G UC. Anything I do on the phone internet related would not work. I would have to put airplane mode on/off and it would start working. Signal strength stays the same before and after, at 3-4 bars on 5G UC. This would happen randomly throughout the day, at different locations. Some locations would work just fine, without me having to turn data off/on.

Are there issues with certain locations, my sim card or iPhone 13 Pro Max, or network is just busy?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

it continues, our Tech Care team can file a Service Complaint for that area so our local engineers can look into it further.

It does continue.  So what has to be done to file a Service Complaint with the Tech Care team?

Do I just call TMobile?

Is it something you have to do?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Yep. You can call or you can message our T-Force team on Twitter using the @TMobileHelp handle. Either way, this can be looked into and sorted out.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I just joined T-Mobile and experiencing internet issues, even with 3-4 bars on 5G UC. Anything I do on the phone internet related would not work. I would have to put airplane mode on/off and it would start working. Signal strength stays the same before and after, at 3-4 bars on 5G UC. This would happen randomly throughout the day, at different locations. Some locations would work just fine, without me having to turn data off/on.

Are there issues with certain locations, my sim card or iPhone 13 Pro Max, or network is just busy?

@hyee we don’t have any issues with Pro Max however we do have some great steps you can take to make sure your phone is set up. Check out the Network, APN, and VoLTE: Apple iPhone on iOS 15  page to make sure the settings are correct. I’d also follow our Internet and data issues. That page can help narrow down if this is a location issue or not.

I followed your recommendations, and I reset the network settings. I will monitor to see if the issue is still happening. Thank you for your assistance.

After I reset the network settings, it happened again in a restaurant. The signal is full 4 bars with 5G. I haven’t been to this location for a long time, so it is the first time here with the problem. I had to turn on airplane mode and off to get internet.

Seems I have to do this each time I can’t internet, even with full signal.

They who live in glass houses……. T-Mobile’s been guilty of over-selling their 5G. Hence all the questions asking, “Why is 5G slower than LTE?”

You.mean like this… same location, 2mins apart.

That’s exactly what is going on with our services. But mostly under 3mbps 90% of the time unless I reset network settings. Which then it only has fast 5G for a few minutes. 

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Oh lordy! this is hillarius. Tmobile thinks they can smack talk.  Brother your internet is slower than a grandma shopping.

Badge

Really? Calling out on 5G? Where I am, and it supported by the flat out lying map provided as 5G, I would keep my mouth shut if I were T-mobile.