Question

T-mobile wingman/Managed wifi settings on iPhone

• 24 October 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge

Why do I have two managed wifi settings on my IPhone? When I remove the SIM card they disappear. There is no way to delete them nor forget network. Every time I reset network settings they reset to auto-connect?  

I have extracted the script of one of the managed settings and its concerning it contains the verbiage to bypass MAC randomization, create a captive portal, and hide it from me the user? 

9 replies

I’ve been wondering this myself as I also have the same two managed wifi networks listed on my phone. 

• If the TMobileWingman Wi-Fi profile appears on a customer’s device when selecting Wi-Fi a Wi-Fi network, instruct customers to ignore this option.
  • The TMobileWingman profile was a pilot wi-fi network leveraged to be simplify connectivity when using T-Mobile In-Flight Connection.
  • Selecting the TMobileWingman profile does not provide any connectivity.
  • Teams are working to remove this Wi-Fi profile, which could take up to 4-10 months and will require a new iOS update.

Been over 10 months and still on our iPhones

Badge

Did you ever get an answer to this? I have T-Mobile as a managed WiFi connection on my device. And it is definitely odddd because I have had major issues with my WiFi 

And still, crickets….

I also have this on my phone.  And I see other concerning security issues.  T-mobile, respond. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

peer to peer assistance site only...if you are wanting answers you’ll need to call in or contact them via Facebook/Twitter.

Hilarious.  I’ve spent so many hours on chat and phone with so called support T-mobile should be cutting me a 1099.  2-4 hours at a time with no resolution and nothing but copious apologies.  That’s why customers and on here isn’t it?  There is no support.  Just a bunch of clueless offshore kids reading a script and saying they are so sorry.  

I really can’t not understand how this company stays in business and gets away with their unethical business practices.  The new way of the world. 

Why do I have two managed wifi settings on my IPhone? When I remove the SIM card they disappear. There is no way to delete them nor forget network. Every time I reset network settings they reset to auto-connect?  

I have extracted the script of one of the managed settings and its concerning it contains the verbiage to bypass MAC randomization, create a captive portal, and hide it from me the user? 

I got rid of mine I just click on forget this network never came bk

Serenstörm wrote :

I got rid of mine I just click on forget this network never came bk

There you go,I love simple answers — now let's see if it works!

Also, Just wondering how the OP extracted the script – that might be a bit interesting. Maybe a SIM card reader?