Question

TCP-IP Home Internet Gateway - change username ( admin ) and default password?

• 4 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I am able to connect my computer to my Home Internet gateway on the ethernet cable, and talk to the gateway with the TCP-IP address, but I see no way to change the username or password.

Any suggestions?

3 replies

I think you can call tech support to have them change it for you which might be a better idea considering that in my situation I'm worried about actually signing in to the TCP-IP access portal because it shows the site is unsecured and people can intercept the password no matter if you change it they are still redirecting the site through a security suite like malticerse or something... I've noticed this before when I had another service that also uses gateway and I have had nothing but problems with gateway since I have had ethernet... for example, the admin options changing somehow without me doing it and I would end up having no access because my password was incorrect all of a sudden. So I would order another modem and still the TCP-IP would be different but the gateway admin log in page was still unsecure.... so I almost switched to fiber optics because a Lan-Line is harder to intercept when it's not ethernet/wifi... if you dont mind me asking , do you have the same warning when you get onto the admin sign in page? Does your browser say it's unsecured? Sorry to bother you about it but I was just wondering if I'm the only one with this issue... either way I wish you the best. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

When you’re connected with the ethernet cable (or even using the t-mobile app), since its a non-routable IP address, only your local network can hijack your connection.  If your computer is hacked, that’s a different issue.

Similarly, you can always use the ‘factory reset’ button, which resets to the default which is printed on the device.

Its not typical to assign certificates to RFC 1918 IP addresses (192.168.x.y), especially for consumer devices.

The T-Mobile Home Internet app will allow you to change the default and connection passwords.

Badge

“The T-Mobile Home Internet app will allow you to change the default and connection passwords.“

maybe I have wrong app?  I can’t find this option anywhere.