Solved

Tethering with international roaming and unlimited data

• 9 June 2015
  • 3 replies

Hi I have been in the UK for over 6months working.  The whole reason I switch to Tmobile was because it offered unlimited data for international roaming.  I though that included the ability to tether to my phone...But, I have not been able to get this to work even with the help of the so called support team.  The last time I was on the phone I gave up after an hour of fruitless conversation.  Of course the feature works fine when I am back in the US but when I try this outside it see to be trying to connect to web2go.com.  Any ideas???

icon

Best answer by gramps28 10 June 2015, 01:56

Also the unlimited international roaming isn't meant to

be for long term stay. Scroll all the way to the bottom.

Simple Choice International Plans | Unlimited Data & Text | T-Mobile

Coverage not available in some areas; we are not responsible for the performance of our roaming partners’ networks. Standard speeds approx. 128 Kbps. No tethering. Not for extended international use; you must reside in the U.S. and primary usage must occur on our U.S. network. Device must register on our U.S. network before international use

View original

3 replies

The included roaming data does not cover mobile HotSpot or tethering usage. You will need to add a high speed data pass to your line to enable tethering.

International roaming services

"Even though the included data roaming service that comes with Simple Choice allows you to use data for your phone, it doesn't allow the ability to share with other devices by tethering through Smartphone Mobile Hotspot. If you need to share data through tethering, then we suggest adding an international data pass. Not only does it allow your device to be used as a Smartphone Mobile Hotspot, but it gives you speeds of up to 3G, depending on what country you're visiting."

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Also the unlimited international roaming isn't meant to

be for long term stay. Scroll all the way to the bottom.

Simple Choice International Plans | Unlimited Data & Text | T-Mobile

Coverage not available in some areas; we are not responsible for the performance of our roaming partners’ networks. Standard speeds approx. 128 Kbps. No tethering. Not for extended international use; you must reside in the U.S. and primary usage must occur on our U.S. network. Device must register on our U.S. network before international use