Solved

Tips on coverage needed

Show first post

30 replies

At least it's not another Friday schedule date like the past 5 I've seen.   Thanks for the update.   This evening may have been one of the worst reception signals I've seen downtown since I joined T-Mobile back in November.    Places outdoors where I usually always get a signal couldn't even get data (LTE).   The entire family was down entirely where even text were struggling to transmit.   I don't know what T-Mobile is doing in this area, but that cell tower cannot come soon enough.

tmo_chris,  it finally happened a few weeks ago, possibly on 5/21.    The signal is three and four bars within a mile of the tower.    Amazingly, and disappointing I have to say,  I live about 3 miles from that tower and I fluctuate around one or two bars.   I expected the tower to have a better range than that, BUT it's enough to stop the whining by the family most of the time.    Unrelated,  my son went to Panama City, FL and said Tmobile was "awesome" which almost brought a tear to my eye.  😀

So, last direct question for you on this comment string - how do I find out what the next closest tower(s) are coming.    We still see poor to zero signal range about 5 miles south of this new tower between zip code 62294 and 62269 as an example.  

Thanks again for sticking with me all these months and providing updates.    I know you are all over Tmobile support, so the direct comments with me are greatly appreciated.

Userlevel 5

I am very glad to hear that it was finally lit up for you! Also, that is super awesome that your son had a great experience with out NW in Panama 😊

As for signal there between 62294 and 62269. It is definitely looking pretty weak 😥 I am not seeing anything on the map like I did for the tower on E Market ST but I can tell that even though there is not a lot of folks in that area, It is the fastest route between the more populated areas  (Troy and O'Fallon). Did you by any chance mention this area to the folks over the phone when you called? While the service you are getting in that area is the expected, our folks over the phone can still put in requests for you for that area so that our engineers know that we have customers that need coverage there. 

I haven't really spoken to anyone but you and a couple of reps in the service office in Edwardsville.    Is there is specific number I could call that would be best?   That road is used by thousands of people every week.   It's a main artery between the military base and cities north, plus it's a short cut for many drivers between two main interstates.    Smaller towns east of this area have better reception than this highway between 62269 and 62294.    That area has a lot of hills and lower terrain, but  I can certainly make the call to try and help out my fellow Tmobile users.    Thanks again.

Userlevel 5

For sure! You can either call 611 or you can use the Facebook/Twitter links in my signature to message our T-Force team. Maybe you can screen shot the map and outline the route and pin point the areas where the signal drops and send that to our T-Force folks. They will be able to put in the requests needed to get this in front of our engineers.