Question

Tmobile Home Internet

• 13 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Anyone having connectivity issues? My signal strength is almost at full bars but on my phone it tells me no internet connection. Been having this issue for a couple weeks now and still no fix. I constantly have to power on and off my router for it to fully connect again. 

4 replies

Yes! Same here! 

Same. When I finally get a connection I usually get less than 10mbps down and 1 up.

I spent nearly an hour on the phone with support whose suggestions were that 1) there wasn’t a problem, 2) I needed to move my router (even though signal says excellent), 3) There is ongoing cell tower maintenance in my area, 4) There wasn’t any cell tower maintenance in my area and it’s a different unsolvable issue, 5) My router needed to be reset (which I had already done 10+ times that day), 6) It was my computer that was causing slow speeds, 7) I needed to change the broadcast band of my router that is inaccessible due to the app not working, and finally 8) that there is ongoing cell tower maintenance in the area that has lasted for the last three months and has no resolution time.

I left AT&T because I routinely only got 30 down and 1 up… This garbage service has me close to switching back, at least that was consistent. I can barely download a .pdf now.

It’s almost time to reinstall a phone line and find a 56k modem...

They finally told me they are working on new Tower and until then it would come and go. Only suggestion was to change provider and come back later to T-Mobile. 

Userlevel 1

Been having the same issue here for weeks (on multiple phones and on the 5G home gateway).  I’ve found  when the signal changes from good to very good (or on a phone when it switches from 5G to 5GUC) internet connectivity dies and does NOT come back; everything was working fine for months.     I have opened multiple “support tickets” and had several managers promise to call me back, they never have.  I have spent at least 8 hours on the phone with “support”.  Seems at least a few of you received an update of “tower maintenance”.  I keep getting told that “everything is fine”.  When it works I routinely see 200Mbps/down and 6Mbps/up.  If I switch a phones to LTE the problem does not happen (but someone decided to remove that option on the5G home gateway).  I thought they had done something to fix it as I stayed up from Thursday to late last night, but today it just keeps loosing connectivity every few minutes.