Tmobile Users Can Roam On Sprint Towers

• 14 September 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I read a couple of articles yesterday and I was able to connect to the Sprint towers in the Phoenix area.

https://www.tmonews.com/2020/09/t-mobile-customers-roam-sprint-network/

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/09/12/t-mobile-customers-can-now-roam-on-sprints-former-network/

9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Works for me. Tampa bay area (FL)

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I noticed, for my area, band 25 and 26 do not work. at least for me. band 41 does.

even on sprint network, if you manually select it (I know they will blend in the towers/sprint side as one with tmobile) it connects as gsm, 2,4,12,66 and 71 now.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

It may have more to do with T-Mobile broadcasting a Multi-carrier ID than roaming on Sprint’s infrastructure. Tho, some report the ability to roam band 26, which could only be Sprint’s towers.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

It says sprint, with the bands stated and just 41 is still active on the sprint side. switching from tmobile lte or sprint lte all stays the same. registered as tmobile, instead of sprint appears to be snappier. 41, for me worked ok.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Some people have connect to a “Sprint” MNC and learned that they were on an AWS block that was licensed to T-Mobile. So, it can go any which way.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Interesting.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Yup … here in SoCal, If I attempt to roam on Sprint (there are 2 actually listed)… Sprint 310-120, and Sprint 311-490 (aka Clearwire).  I can roam on 311-490, however, it effectively connects me to … T-Mobile, ‘unless’ I manually band select B41.  B41 is kinda weak around here, and 20x20.  Also, service will not aggregate B41 with B2/B4/B12/B71 of T-Mobile, as it is physically ‘Sprint’.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Nice, and I agree.

It was nice to tap on to the band, so I could judge, at least at my property how the signal and data handles. I have no 5g prior with sprint so it’s irrelevant to me. but, compared to bands 2 and 66, most used on some of my phones if it does not have 71, at my property. 41 had a bit more signal and a tad more speed.  2, 4, 12 and 66, at my property with tmobile i get a sad, like 1. something, or so up and down. with 41, i get about 3 to 5.

with 71, 10 to 15 up and down, *at my property, I am not that close to the newest nod, but can get well over 150 closer to it*

my property is in one of them special lucky spots that the closer towers are NOT aiming towards me and the farthest ones, do towards us… lol

71 it’s where it shines for us, even on the 4g 71 band side. anywhere else we go, outside my property, i get near perfect 99 percent signal and data. tampa bay is well built for this stuff :]

This would definitely help us with where we are located. Not to sound dumb but not sure how we would be able to do this. I would rather stay with T-Mobile than have to switch to Verizon.