Question

Tower maintenance

• 17 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge

Why did the tower maintenance just performed KILL my home internet! I was receiving 80 -90 meg down. Now I have no signal to even connect after maintenance 

8 replies

Don’t know area you live, but same thing happened to us in SW WA.  One phone quit working and other phone & hotspot barely had connection Oct.31st, I called customer service and they reset our devices after which all became completely bricked and still are not working.  T-Mobile “Experts” give various excuses, “need to reset our devices” (done several times to no avail), “need to reset the signal on their tower” (done several times - 1st time bricked last 2 devices that were sort of working), “bad SIM card” (changed with no improvement), “weather damage to tower to be repaired in 3 days” (almost 2 weeks ago), “we live in a poor reception area so this is to be expected” (worked until now), “upgrade work on tower will be complete in 2 days” (over a week ago), “building out system 1st quarter of next year”...am I supposed to wait?  “Building out system in 2026”...are you serious????  “You might consider porting your numbers to another carrier” ...believe me I’m considering this.  Our phones work fine in town, just not at home where nearest tower is 2.8mi away.  Worked reasonably well before Oct 31st, we were able to stream a movie...now NOTHING!  Either the internal T-Mobile communication is so shoddy it is useless to get timely and correct information or the T-Mobile “Experts” are outright lying to me and neglected to get their story synchronized.  We have no phone and no internet for over 2 weeks now and I have spent over 12 hours on the phone with T-Mobile “Experts” who constantly waste their breath assuring me my happiness is their 1st priority and they are working hard to make sure I am a satisfied customer, and that they will solve my problem...then tell me the problem will be fixed in a couple more days...a couple more days...a couple more days...then I learned they do this because the customer service reps get dinged if customer calls back in less than 2 days...sighhh...they are just shining me on.  I have read that T-Mobile is bringing on all the Sprint customers which overloaded their system.  Then they started working furiously to build out their 5G service in which they repurpose the 4G antennae spots for use in 5G so they are throwing 4G customers under the bus.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

is the maintenance actually completed?

It’s been 3 ½ weeks with no service at our home now.  The latest stories: they’ve either repurposed our tower for Sprint or decommissioned the tower completely. There is no timeline to restore service to our area.  T-mobile did offer a “repeater” device that requires use of home WiFi to work.  Unfortunately we depended on T-mobile for our home internet also.  My last conversation with a 2nd level tech I was told T-mobile desires to retain me as a customer but they are “leaving it to my discretion”.  I know there are directional antenna and booster / amplifier setups that could work, but they are not helping me with this so I guess what they mean is: “We want your money but we aren’t going to do anything more to help you.”  Unbelievably sad customer service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just as a note.  I'd recommend speaking to ‘level 2 advanced technical support ‘.  It sounds like you have spoken with customer care or off shore reps, if they're just offering Cell Spot (note:  even some higher up sales folks push these).  As far as ‘tower maintenance ‘ goes, I have been given that message for 7 years in some areas.

Often it may be a different  tower (customer care doesn't always have the best knowledge of your area), or they're looking to keep their call quota/metrics up.

We are in N. California. My hotspot internet for Pitt home went out about 3 weeks ago. We were told same thing as the rest. They even gave us brand new sim and box but same problem. We haven’t even finished paying for it yet. We have a really good booster but it doesn’t matter at all. Luckily our phones still work but signal isn’t near as good as it used to be. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Since you’re in California … join in the fun with CA PUC on December 6, and 8.  Let them know what’s going on.

We have the same issues here in central California. For months now, we don’t have phone access at home at all. I am thinking of cancelling my service and subscribe with a new provider but I still have 5 months left in my contract. Since they are not able to provide the service we signed up for 100%, does this qualify as a breach of contract? I need opinion, please. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Contact TMobile and escalate the issue.   Similarly,  join the PUC call on Dec 6 / 8 above and let them know.