Solved

Verizon Galaxy S7 on T-Mobil

• 28 January 2020
  • 4 replies

The phone function on my Galaxy S7 is not working well. Choppy calls, dropped calls. Most calls go right to VM. This is a Verizon phone and I just switched to T-Mobile. I live in a Great area for cell towers.

icon

Best answer by tmo_ian 3 February 2020, 22:25

Well, it's not an issue with a specific tower then. Probably the easiest way to make sure it's the device is to try your SIM card in a phone purchased directly from T-Mobile. If everything works fine, it's definitely the device. If you have the same issues, it might be something on your account and we'd need to have you call or message us and have one of our Experts take a look.

View original

4 replies

There have been many issues trying to use the Verizon S7 on T-Mobile. It's a firmware issue. Some people have solved the problem by reflashing with T-Mobile's firmware. YMMV.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Prior to making the switch, did you make sure you were on the latest software? We suggest testing the service in other areas to see if the trouble follows you or if it's just happening in one place.

Yes, on the latest software. Does not matter where I am. I have driven to various parts of the Boston area. Downtown, west, south. Up to 50 miles away. Makes no difference

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Well, it's not an issue with a specific tower then. Probably the easiest way to make sure it's the device is to try your SIM card in a phone purchased directly from T-Mobile. If everything works fine, it's definitely the device. If you have the same issues, it might be something on your account and we'd need to have you call or message us and have one of our Experts take a look.