Voicemail doesn't show up until I restart phone, then a bunch come in.

• 1 October 2018
  • 4 replies

Hey all.

Yeah, so I'll go days and not get a voicemail, then I restart the phone and several come in, some many days old.

I've started missing important voicemails from work and things.

Android, motoX4, generic unlocked.

Any suggestions?

4 replies

Userlevel 5

Yikes! That's never good, @magenta2744506​!

Let's see if we can get this figured out.

• Are you using visual voicemail (VVM) on your MotoX4?
  • How long has this been going on?
  • Do you notice that the voicemails only arrive when you get to a certain area or does location not matter?
  • Do you have any issues with incoming/outgoing calls or texts?
  • Have you tried your SIM in a different device to see if voicemails are received sooner or without restarting your phone?

Sorry for all of the questions but this will help me get a better picture of why this is happening.

I have this exact same problem!  Any help would be appreciated.

This has been going on a long time - maybe always with this phone.  New voicemails only appear when the phone is restarted - no other time.  Location does not matter.  No issues with incoming or outgoing texts.

I have been having the same problem with my IPhone 8. I get sporadic voice mails. Sometimes I have to restart my phone for them to come through. I started noticing this happening when I was missing a bunch of texts from a group text I have with some coworkers. I restarted my phone and then a bunch of missed voicemails came through. I hadn't done the ios updated so I figured that would help the issue, but it didn't!!! I have been looking at forums online and it seems to be an ongoing issue. I reset my network settings (as suggested on one of these forums) and it still has not helped. VVM is set up on my phone, but this issue is recent. I sometimes have problems with connecting to a game I play saying "cannot connect to network. Check network settings" My WiFi is off!! I should be using data so that should not be an issue. It never has before!! I restart my phone and then it works and a bunch of voicemails come through too. What is going on? Area is not a factor as I have been in the same place for 2 years and this has never been an issue. I thought it was the new phone, but based on all the chatter it happens to a lot of people. If there is a resolution to this please let me know. I can not be missing important voice mails!

When you listen to a voicemail that is no longer necessary to have saved delete it or you will inevitably fill you mailbox and won’t get any voicemails beyond what current capacity is available for the messages to be recorded and saved on. So if you read one message into a full box and delete it after you hear it you’ll get only about enough space to record a single vm until you’ve cleared out space for any more to be able to record for you to playback later on. When your voicemail box is full the Voice Mail won’t even allow you to try and record a message it will just tell you that box is full upon calling the number and then hang up the phone on you once it has sufficient space again it will offer callers the ability to record a message to leave to you so if you don’t clean out your mailbox for three months after it’s full you’re gonna miss three months of voicemails