Question

VoLTE not available on OnePlus 6T A6013

• 27 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi,

I have tried many things to enable VoLTE on my unlocked (but T-Mobile branded) OnePlus 6T, including:

I have confirmed that I do not see a VoLTE icon at any time and that my signal drops from LTE to 3G when making or receiving a call. I do have WiFi Calling enabled, however, if that narrows down the problem.

While searching for a solution to this, I did see a post (https://www.reddit.com/r/freedommobile/comments/9a2j2r/psa_getting_a_new_sim_made_volte_and_wifi_calling/) that suggests a new SIM might be the solution. I have had other phones prior to the 6T and never noticed VoLTE, and my SIM is from 2014.

Are there any other suggestions? Thanks.

2 replies

Badge

You need to figure out how to get CS to re-provision your phone.

Sometimes, doing a Settings->Reset->Reset_Network_and_Bluetooth_Settings will trigger this, along with triggering an APN re-query.

If not, you have to get to a rep that understands how to re-provision, they should be able to force this through, without an issue, particularly given that your 6T is TMo-branded (should work on almost any 6T model, really).  The agent you spoke to probably doesn’t understand much about provisioning (or VoLTE), unfortunately...

Badge

Hi pgrey, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, a network reset did not resolve the problem, and other than going to APN settings, I could not find a way to “re-query”. However, with that specific information, I will try to reach out to customer service again and ask for a re-provision.