Question

what phone do i pick to use with t mobile?

• 8 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

I recently purchased an unlocked a71.. It kept losing my signal. I called customer serviceand went to the store 2x. This was a global unlocked phone. What do I need to work with the t mobile service? Ty

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Well the A71 is not bad. It has LTE bands 2, 4, 12, 41 & 66. What it lacks is band 71, which T-Mobile uses for rural service and is critical in places where they don’t have band 12. Where are you located?

Badge

I'm in SC 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Personally, I find OnePlus devices seem to have some of the better reception on T-Mobile.  Where devices like the Samsung Galaxy S9+ and Note 9 get no signal at all, the OnePlus 7 Pro gets one usable bar of signal.  With no service in our apartment where we primarily use WiFi Calling.  Having that one usable bar makes for a smoother handoff to and from WiFi Calling.  I have an 8T+ 5G as well but even though I am surrounded by some great 5G coverage.  I have no 5G anywhere around the apartment complex but I still get a usable one bar of service inside with the 8T+ 5G.

Sorry to butt in, but I'm having the same problem. I have a galaxy A71 that I got when I signed on with the save and slick salesmen at Walmart when I joined sprint. Which oddly for me was a month and a half ago, so I got on right at the switch. Not sure I'd being with sprint for a long time or barely at all is worse, when talking about confusion on the switch at least. So I live in mccleary wa, it's the woods, we have one option for phone line out here, one store, one school, one gas station. Now it says I have extended 5g coverage, I feel I had great service until the switch. I did the whole reset your network. Turn phone off and take out the new Sim we got before the switch. But I literally have to reset or turn phone on and off all throughout the day to get data or coverage. Aaaghhh what do I do. Sorry for the novel.anyhelp???