Solved

When Is 5g?

• 15 November 2018
  • 9 replies

when is the 5 g network coming to Spokane Washington and is my note8 device compatible For the 5g network? I have the 50+ plan. Sure want the 5g network can not afford a new phone. Thanks

icon

Best answer by j.a.r.v.i.s 15 November 2018, 05:27

@magenta4415849​ as @gramps28​ said, phones won't be available until 2019.

There are plans to start building the network out in 2018, but no phones until 2019 - at least according to the latest guidance from Neville and team.

T-Mobile Building Out 5G in 30 Cities This Year …and That’s Just the Start | T-Mobile Newsroom

View original

9 replies

The base station equipment that T-Mobile has been installing can be software-upgraded to 5G but T-Mobile is not in a rush to be the first to deploy something called "5G" even if it isn't industry-standard. No one has an industry-standard 5G yet. Verizon's "5G" is only for fixed home Internet service and only works at a very short range from the tower and must be attached to a window facing the tower. T-Mobile isn't bothering with this sort of limited implementation. They want 5G to be a mobile solution. 

Rolling Out 5G, Literally

Userlevel 3

@magenta4415849​ as @gramps28​ said, phones won't be available until 2019.

There are plans to start building the network out in 2018, but no phones until 2019 - at least according to the latest guidance from Neville and team.

T-Mobile Building Out 5G in 30 Cities This Year …and That’s Just the Start | T-Mobile Newsroom

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

It won't be until the middle of 2019 at the earliest and Tmobile doesn't have a 5G ready

phone as of now.

Thank you, Verizon has been advertising they are building now saying they are the first one to build it. Thanks.

Hello when can I get the 5g on my note8? I see it and is it rolling out now? Sure like it soon. Oh and why is the note9 that has the 500+gb not in store? And want black color thanks

You won't be able to get that on your note 8 and will need to purchase a new phone that supports it when they are released. The first looks like it will be the s10 5g when they are out.

That is a lie was told will get a software upgrade. Are you a technician for T-Mobile? Cause another tolled me different.

Look where this is above

@drnewcomb2 (to @magenta4415849) 4 months ago

The base station equipment that T-Mobile has been installing can be software-upgraded to 5G but T-Mobile is not in a rush to be the first to deploy something called "5G" even if it isn't industry-standard. No one has an industry-standard 5G yet. Verizon's "5G" is only for fixed home Internet service and only works at a very short range from the tower and must be attached to a window facing the tower. T-Mobile isn't bothering with this sort of limited implementation. They want 5G to be a mobile solution.

That is specifically talking about the tower technology. Those will have the capability in their radios and can be turned on with software.  That is not the same for phones. If the radio in the phone doesn't support it (like none currently do), no software update can enable it to work.