Question

Where can i find status updates on cell tower construction and modernization projects for zip code 83864?

• 12 January 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 1 reply

Current  cell tower construction and modernization projects are greatly reducing my ability to use my cell phone and internet access every day. I am patient for the promised improvements but cannot plan around the daily uncertainty. Further, calling tech support and going through their process each time wastes their time and mine. I cannot find updates on the T-mobile website. Is there an online or other resource I can use to check for status updates? The zip code area is 83864.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Our Tech Care team can give some info about your area after they file a Service Complaint for your specific address. That can take about 3 business days to get an update, but engineers will leave notes and give and much info as they can about your area.

Badge

Thanks for the response Mike. To be clear, I am talking about a project that is in progress as I write this which has limited our cell phone access and internet access from 1 t 0 bars of service. I have 1  bar as I write this. I have called tech support twice before, was put on hold, then given the answer the first time that the project would take a minimum of seven days, then the second time that it would take 3-7 days. Both times I was told I could check the status directly at T-Mobile website, which is what I am trying to do but cannot find the status anywhere. When I call tech support they always want me to go through the typical protocol, rebooting my router, etc. which at this point is unnecessary. Is there a place online I can just check the project status without calling tech support?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I have seen some that locally take a week, and I’ve seen some that have taken more than 3 weeks (SoCal Edison high voltage power line tower).  In some cases, I suspect that it may depend on what kind of project they’re doing… update (LTE → 5G on a macro site), entire site rebuild, or conversion from Sprint to T-Mobile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I have seen some that locally take a week, and I’ve seen some that have taken more than 3 weeks (SoCal Edison high voltage power line tower).  In some cases, I suspect that it may depend on what kind of project they’re doing… update (LTE → 5G on a macro site), entire site rebuild, or conversion from Sprint to T-Mobile.

not to mention current availability of parts

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That will delay getting these projects off the ground, for sure.  I'd expect them to have parts on site when they do start, however.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

however IF there is a chance something could get borked up odds are it’ll happen lol.

my all time go to quote.. “hope for the best but prepare for the worst”...

Badge

I’ve gotten the same response! I was told that it’ll be updated soon, it’ll be done by this week, it’ll be done by that week, it’ll be done in a few days and that I wouldn’t have to reboot our phones. I just found a website to look up cell towers and let me tell you! There is literally 1 5G tower that has been updated but in a completely DIFFERENT city! Not to mention that the other towers that were around were 4G towers and while under Sprint, we had no problems whatsoever. Now? It’s killing us! Though we’re better off with T-Mobile since Verizon can’t pick up signal whatsoever. 

hi can u check my cell tower when it gets an upgrade 92371 thank u 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

hi can u check my cell tower when it gets an upgrade 92371 thank u 

IIs faster if you contact Tmobile support using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter. There's not many Tmobile reps on this board.