Question

While Tethering in 5g the connection constantly drops and reconnects. How do I fix?

• 12 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

How can  i fix the this 5g tether issue?   It only started when I moved to Denver area, All around Denver it does this.   One day I did clear the Cashe at seems to be ok for a while but then the issue returned later in the evening.  It is very annoying . .  I can force the 4g connection on the phone and the issue goes away.  BUT its a pain and I dont think I should have to.   When I was in Ohio and other places I have not had the issue,  it only started when I moved to Denver area.   

I am not going to clear the cache every day or everytime I want to use the teather feature. . I suggest it is from the last security update possibly ??  

4 replies

Badge

STill having issues in Golden, CO also instantly almost under one minute of havng  it on 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

How can  i fix the this 5g tether issue?   I can force the 4g connection on the phone and the issue goes away.

What phone are you using?  Apple iPhone 12 has had problems with 5G.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

could be whatever band they are using for 5G out there compared to what they were using at your previous area. are you by chance more in the rural area of Denver?

Badge

could be whatever band they are using for 5G out there compared to what they were using at your previous area. are you by chance more in the rural area of Denver?

I currently am staying NORTH Denver but the only time i use the Tether is in the city. . .I have had the issue all the way south near Ikea Centennial , CO and Downtown . . . semms everywhere . . I am traveling to differnt cities in the next few days sooo we will see what happens.