Solved

Who are the roaming partners in mexico?

What are the roaming partners in México that have LTE? I would like to know because i know telcel is the the best has anyone been down there recently?

icon

Best answer by tmo_marissa 12 June 2017, 19:36

Hey, @magenta1659347​! Roaming partners can change, and coverage is going to vary depending on where you're travelling in Mexico and what our agreement looks like in a specific area. That said, generally speaking the current roaming partners in Mexico with LTE are Telcel and Telefonica/Movistar. You can get a better idea of the projected coverage in a given area by taking a peek here: Traveling Abroad​.

- Marissa

View original

13 replies

A couple of our people were there (forget location) for 4 weeks a couple months ago.   The are very light ussers - so wouldn't know diff. between diff types of cell service.  They had no trouble w. calls or text.

was it tell let i had to do research but haven't found if it will be late i have the mobile one plan?

*telcel

Userlevel 6

Hey, @magenta1659347​! Roaming partners can change, and coverage is going to vary depending on where you're travelling in Mexico and what our agreement looks like in a specific area. That said, generally speaking the current roaming partners in Mexico with LTE are Telcel and Telefonica/Movistar. You can get a better idea of the projected coverage in a given area by taking a peek here: Traveling Abroad​.

- Marissa

So telcel is a current partner is there plans for it to change as this is the best carrier in Mexico?

Userlevel 6

I wouldn't be privy to any plans, so I can't speak to that! We always have to add the caveat that they're subject to change at any time, frankly to prevent any disappointment. If you check the link above, you'll notice the longer, official disclaimer below the map image of Mexico... it's a mouthful!

- Marissa

Ok thanks i hope they keep telcel as a partner! 😊

Userlevel 6

With your glowing review, I hope so, too! 😊

- Marissa

I live part-time in Mexico and have vastly better coverage roaming with T-Mobile than I do anywhere near where I live in the US.

Given that T-Mobile and Telcel work in some spots where I've seen people using other carriers struggle, I really think Telcel is a current roaming partner.

leaving tomorrow i hope when i land i see tell pop up and in my future trips too!

telcel*

Userlevel 7

T-Mobile is perfectly capable of using LAC blocking to control which partners get roamed in a given area. They do this with at least two US roaming partners. There's no reason they couldn't do it in Mexico or Canada, it that's what they wanted to do. I don't know that they do, just that they could if they wanted to. Because of this I don't ask, "which carriers" but look at their roaming maps to see if the location is covered or not.

It probably won't be of much interest to anyone here, but Telcel phones roam on T-Mobile, at least in my corner of New Hampshire.

If only ATT is available, they'll roam on that, too.