Solved

Why won't the Personal Cellspot pick up a signal in the same place the tablet gets 3 bars?

• 27 January 2016
  • 7 replies

I live in a fair coverage area. I have the Personal Cellspot signal booster to help with our reception; however, I haven't been able to get it to pick up a signal. My tablet will get up to 4 bars in some places in our home. I've tried placing the booster in several different places with no success. All of the lights will come on when I connect the power, all except one will go out, it blinks green and finally turns red, continuing to blink.

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 8 February 2016, 17:39

That's hard to say, but at this point, if you do have another device that could be interfering it would be worth a shot to turn it off. Everything I'm checking that relates to that error says to check the ventilation and moving the devices around. Do you have any other equipment around that may be interfering? If so, can you turn them off or unplug them?

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

That's so weird this is happening @melio605‌. Just so I can help you out a bit more, are you using the 4G LTE Cellspot mini-tower or the Signal Booster that has the window and coverage unit? The only reason I ask is because we would need to troubleshoot them differently and I want to make sure we give you the right steps that'll help.

I have the Personal Cellspot signal booster with a window unit and coverage unit. Thank you so much for trying to help me with this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Is it the window unit that doesn't show any signal? If so, you have placed it near the window where your tablet, for example, gets the strongest signal?

The window unit doesn't show any signal. I have placed it in the window where I get up to 4 bars with my tablet. I've even tried several different windows where some kind of signal was detected by the tablet. The same thing happens each time. All lights show upon powering up. All but one go out. That one light blinks green and eventually turns to a red blinking light. The coverage unit searches for the connection and then shows an error.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hmm, okay. What error is the coverage unit showing? Does the window unit happen to be getting really hot? The window unit should have vents on the backside, have you made sure those aren't being covered up?

If I remember correctly the error code for the coverage unit was 4. Neither unit were overheated and both had plenty of ventilation each time I attempted to set the system up.

I read that a wireless router could interfere, so I disconnected it, too. That didn't help. Could it be another electronic device such as an analog converter box interfering with the signal?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

That's hard to say, but at this point, if you do have another device that could be interfering it would be worth a shot to turn it off. Everything I'm checking that relates to that error says to check the ventilation and moving the devices around. Do you have any other equipment around that may be interfering? If so, can you turn them off or unplug them?