Question

Wi-Fi Calling Question

• 31 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

I was looking over usage on my bill and noticed something strange. We have had the same coverage and lived in the same location for two years. Only in the last month has there shown a Wi-Fi call on 3 occasions, and always from the same incoming number to the same line. Is there any significance to this? Looking back over the past two years of service there are zero Wi-Fi calls before this.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

WiFi Calling can enable when the device is connected to WiFi.  Whether it does or not depends on a lot of variables.  Local tower congestion, interference with cellular, or a better quality call experience are just a few examples.  

Badge

That’s the T-Mobile device that’s connected to Wi-Fi or the device initiating the incoming call?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I would assume it is the device on your account.  I have never personally noticed the distinction on my account for calls listed.  Customer Care and Support might be able to provide you more info, if needed. 

Badge

I asked a rep over the phone about it but they couldn’t provide more info. I just thought it was weird that it’s never showed up before and is only from the same number making incoming calls. Its probably just coincidence.