Solved

Works for bands 2 and 4 but not 12. When will that change?

• 22 October 2016
  • 7 replies

Had to try 2 different units before an expert told me that my location at home only gets band 12 or 700 mhz 4g LTE. These boosters only work for bands 2 and 4. None of that information is made available in troubleshooting or the product page. Simply specifies at least 1 bar of 4g LTE and I get at least that so its a little bit misleading IMO. When will a band 12 booster be available? Cel fi makes them, the duo+ does all 3 bands, according to their website. Thanks for any insight.

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 22 October 2016, 23:39

It is possible that they attempted to file a request for your area. Depending on your specific area, there may not be an immediate impact if the service you are getting is the expected level of coverage we have there but it will get it in front of our network team. We don't access customer accounts here on a user forum but if you want to be sure that a request was filed for your area, you can reach out to our tech support again or hit up our social media team T-Force using the Facebook or Twitter icons in my signature.

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5

Sorry to hear that you had to find out the hard way on this one 😥 We definitely should have made this more clear before sending you out devices that were not going to work. Band 12 provides pretty good indoor coverage due to its low wall penetrating frequency and folks in B12 areas with B12 phones don't typically need a coverage booster. I have not heard of any plans in the near future about providing a B12 compatible booster but I know that in-home coverage is something that we have always focused on and will continue to do so. I think you may benefit more from one of our 4G LTE CellSpot devices or Wi-Fi CellSpot routers if you have a high-speed internet connection in your home. This could at least keep you connected in the meantime.

That's the problem: I get no indoor coverage. I lose all connectivity inside unless my phone is next to the one older window in my house that lets the frequency pass through. It doesn't pass through any of my other new windows. And even outside I'm looking at between -115 and -120 dbm. DL speeds fluctuate between 1/4 of a mbps to 1/2 of a mbps. Dial up speed in the window. Calls drop sometimes. Other line sometimes can't hear me.

Oh and I don't have home internet. So the other ones won't work for me.

Userlevel 5

Ahh okay, thanks for clarifying. Do you know if our tech support team opened an engineering service request ticket for your area as well when they sent you the boosters? 

I was not told of such an action actually. This discovery was post second set of boosters and long story short I was told to wait and see if they ever improve coverage in my area because, of course, this is an ever improving industry. That was my take. I was told to just hold on to my boosters and see if they eventually work.

Userlevel 5

It is possible that they attempted to file a request for your area. Depending on your specific area, there may not be an immediate impact if the service you are getting is the expected level of coverage we have there but it will get it in front of our network team. We don't access customer accounts here on a user forum but if you want to be sure that a request was filed for your area, you can reach out to our tech support again or hit up our social media team T-Force using the Facebook or Twitter icons in my signature.

I'll look into it. Thanks for the information Chris.