WOW!!!

• 25 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

After having slow internet from a competitor for 20 years, we switched to T-mobile. I ran an internet speed test and we're getting upwards of 80-90 mbps download speed, as opposed to 3 mbps we had been getting. So far, I'm impressed and satisfied with our results. 

3 replies

Badge

After having slow internet from a competitor for 20 years, we switched to T-mobile. I ran an internet speed test and we're getting upwards of 80-90 mbps download speed, as opposed to 3 mbps we had been getting. So far, I'm impressed and satisfied with our results. 

Not bad.  I get 40-50 now.  I got a 277mb once for a second on the way to the airport once. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Not all areas and carriers have equal coverage and capacity in all areas.

Depending on the site and area, things have generally improved on all carriers.  Some are heavier used in some areas than others.

I.e. in my area, AT&T is a little further away (work phone), but their speeds have increased on LTE (5Ge) from ~75Mbps to ~200Mbps.  At home it gives ~10-50Mbps.

T-Mobile at home increased from ~75Mbps to ~150Mbps, at home that’s ~75-120Mbps.

A little further away, 5G on T-Mobile gives me 500-700Mbps.

so far has not been my case speed tests look great just like your saying 75+ on 4g lte on a g7 android 10

but the reality is I'm barely getting 5 down on anything else. the Google play store downloads fast yay that's helpful?. speedtests look good woop woop. 

hotspot speed is 600k not 3g speed not even anywhere near close. video will throttle at 480 even though the connection shows 4 to 5 meg if you set it above 480 tmobile force chokes the stream.google says use a vpn but that's bullshit workaround that does nothing. 

guessing I will call visible\verizon tommorow and if they can offer me a better deal. i.e. what's on tv is unlimited with a 5meg hotspot that beats T-Mobiles 600k unlimited speed test and play store deal. if it's real.unlimited with no throttle I'll take it.

and no just no not gonna pay 90dollars more a month for a 1080p pass lol you guys need to get with the times.

if you can offer me a better or deal for the same price or get that throttle taken offa youtube and my hotspot bumped up to something near 3g hint.3g is 7meg download and 3upload. not 592k down and 450upload.

oh and it's nice your giving old people more chances to be scammed by the nonstop spam your phone number you gave me brings . of I get that much I can only imagine what they get.

plus I dont think they deserve a better service deal when your building your network on the money of 5g early adopters and forcing them to pay a premium.

I'm paying a premium too where's our better deal? I'm not joking either this may be the last month with tmo I need a solid connection and not some throttled bullshit. visible is also 10$less to and uses Verizon so yeah.