Solved

You are not allowed to make calls at this time

• 26 August 2018
  • 39 replies

Userlevel 5

Whenever I attempt to make a phone call to contacts or any random number I get a instant notification from T-Mobile saying that

You are not able to make calls at this time.  always allowed numbers can be reached .

What fresh heck is this?

Oddly enough I can call T-Mobile and the other line on my account works fine and I can text with no problem both on Wi-Fi and LTE so it seems Wi-Fi calling does nothing to help or hinder. Network settings have not changed.

icon

Best answer by snn555 26 August 2018, 19:35

View original

39 replies

Hey there! Do you happen to have the Netflix on Us active on your account?  It comes with Family Allowances and can sometimes (for lack of a better term) glitch and cause an error with calls as though you have numbers blocked.  The solution that I've found has been to reach out to care (either by 611, Message Us, or T-Force) and have them remove the feature, reboot your phone, add the feature back, reboot again.  Everything should work fine after that! 😀

Thanks 🙏 so much this really helped me out . I was not able to make and receive calls . When I tried calling out it would say “ Only always allowed numbers can make calls.”   I did exactly what you said and now my phone is working again ! Thanks again ! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hey there! Do you happen to have the Netflix on Us active on your account?  It comes with Family Allowances and can sometimes (for lack of a better term) glitch and cause an error with calls as though you have numbers blocked.  The solution that I've found has been to reach out to care (either by 611, Message Us, or T-Force) and have them remove the feature, reboot your phone, add the feature back, reboot again.  Everything should work fine after that! 😀

Whenever I attempt to make a phone call to contacts or any random number I get a instant notification from T-Mobile saying that

You are not able to make calls at this time.  always allowed numbers can be reached .

What fresh heck is this?

Oddly enough I can call T-Mobile and the other line on my account works fine and I can text with no problem both on Wi-Fi and LTE so it seems Wi-Fi calling does nothing to help or hinder. Network settings have not changed.

I’m facing the same issue since yesterday evening, suddenly started getting this problem. I totally agree with sun555, t-mobile customer agents having little knowledge about their own system and lacking troubleshooting skills. I wasted my time with them till 12:30 AM and finally they asked me to visit local store and get a new SIM (probable fix, earlier they were trying to convince me that it’s an issue with my phone)! I had to transfer some money to someone urgently and this simply stopped me doing that(text also stopped coming).

@T-Mobile Team: Please educate your customer care team for better service/support! 

Solution:

Removing Family Allowance (Add-on Service) from all lines solved this issue. Wondering why t-mobile customer care doesn’t know about it. Trying to educate them here :)

Call 611 and ask them to check your CAMEL settings in Grand Central. Should be set to None.

Badge +1

Care to explain exactly what that means?

Userlevel 5

Not many camels where I come from. Nor train stations.

No but seriously, the problem was the SIM card.

Had the same issue for 3 days. switched SIM cards and that did not work. On the line with T-Mobile “expert” 2 times for about 1-2 hours each, they could not figure it out. 
Netflix??? Why would Netflix have anything to do with it? 
Anyways here was my solution: on safari go to T-Mobile.com and log in with the master account holder who was my wife’s line. Then I went to Family allowances. It took me to family controls and clicked family allowances again. Then under, select line to manage: I chose my line. Then phone status was on, so I turned it off and back on again. After that I went to Grant User full access and activated full access on my line.

I can finally receive and make calls after 3 days!

And didn’t have to cancel my free Netflix! 
A ticket with T-Mobile “engineers” is still open and they were no help.  Good luck

Had the same issue for 3 days. switched SIM cards and that did not work. On the line with T-Mobile “expert” 2 times for about 1-2 hours each, they could not figure it out. 
Netflix??? Why would Netflix have anything to do with it? 
Anyways here was my solution: on safari go to T-Mobile.com and log in with the master account holder who was my wife’s line. Then I went to Family allowances. It took me to family controls and clicked family allowances again. Then under, select line to manage: I chose my line. Then phone status was on, so I turned it off and back on again. After that I went to Grant User full access and activated full access on my line.

I can finally receive and make calls after 3 days!

And didn’t have to cancel my free Netflix! 
A ticket with T-Mobile “engineers” is still open and they were no help.  Good luck

THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT WORKS!!!! I TRIED EVERYTHING ELSE AND EVEN CALLED T-MOBILE. THEY HAD NO CLUE! HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH NETFLIX. YOU JUST HAVE TO MAKE SURE ON FAMILY ALLOWANCES THAT IT IS CHECK MARKED TO NO ALLOWANCES AND SHARED AMONG THE FAMILY OR IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO DO THAT MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PLENTY OF MINUTES ON EACH CATEGORY.. YOU WILL SEE WHAT I MEAN WHEN YOU GET IN THERE.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

My iphone is esim and my sons and wife’s iPhones are physical sim. I was able to call out and receive calls no issues. Any relation to physical vs esim? Now that I’ve cancelled Netflix I guess I have to pay out of pocket or cancel outright. It’s very inconvenient to have a phone service that is not dependable. 

hadnt heard anything but at the same time didnt want to rule it out..there have been other random issues when it came to esim so didnt want to toss it as a possibility.

Thanks 🙏 so much this really helped me out . I was not able to make and receive calls . When I tried calling out it would say “ Only always allowed numbers can make calls.”   I did exactly what you said and now my phone is working again ! Thanks again ! 

This worked thank you! Same issue 2 days with support no help. Found this forum and back in business. Had to add the family allowance find the line I was not able to calls with turn it on and off, restart the phone and it worked :) 

Same thing happened to me. I was on this forum by the time I got the call back. The rep was asking inane questions like whether I was in Airplane Mode….and having me repeat thinks like that receiving text and data was just fine. I actually have the “High Speed Data with paired Digits” plan. Calling and receiving calls failed on both devices sharing a paired line (iPhone 13 Pro Max and Galaxy S21 Ultra). Finally, the 2nd tech suggested that I do a network reset instead of removing Netflix rebooting and restoring Netflix. It actually worked! I can once again call and receive calls on both devices sharing that line. 

I thought the issue was resolved and yesterday evening I tried to call my wife and immediately got the message that she could not receive calls. Seriously considering dumping T-mobile now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

We just had this issue too. How come the engineering team hasn’t fixed this. Clearly looks like a race condition of some sort and it’s extremely frustrating since we had 3 lines fail initially and then another one after the 3 started working again for a total of 2-3 different days of our lines not working. Could we escalate this? I’ve never had an issue with Tmobile until now and this is extremely frustrating. 

you can but to escalate this you will need to contact TMO either through calling or the preferred method would be through Facebook or Twitter..no agents in here to assist with things like this.

only time i have had that type of notification was when a tower went down further out and the tower i connect to ended up WAY over capacity with people and it had to keep bumping people.

Surprisingly this issue still exists, I started having this issue two days ago and removing Netflix did not worked, however removing family allowances from all the lines did the trick. T-Mobile team had no idea of whats going on. Thank you everyone for the inputs. 

What fresh heck is this?

I’m facing the same issue since yesterday evening, suddenly started getting this problem. I totally agree with sun555, t-mobile customer agents having little knowledge about their own system and lacking troubleshooting skills. I wasted my time with them till 12:30 AM and finally they asked me to visit local store and get a new SIM (probable fix, earlier they were trying to convince me that it’s an issue with my phone)! I had to transfer some money to someone urgently and this simply stopped me doing that(text also stopped coming).

@T-Mobile Team: Please educate your customer care team for better service/support! 

Userlevel 5

SIM card failed on me.  Had a few backup SIM cards. Problem solved.

Could have been an account error or SIM number issue, but replacing the SIM with a new or reactivated card fixed it.

I'm on an old T-Mobile one promo plan and there was no reason for any family allowances or restrictions on either line.  since everything worked yesterday and did not today and no account changes were made it stood to reason that the SIM card was the issue.

however that does bring me to the subject of T-Mobile team of experts and the lack of knowledge thereof.

my area is serviced by a 40-person team 3 hours away where only two of them work on the chatline weekly. I have had The Misfortune three times to get the same person who knows nothing of TMobile. Unfortunately in this case you cannot just request another team member.

I will say I was not bounced around however I did need to be bounced around considering the representative I was working with had no idea what I was talking about.

Luckily I was savy enough to call in to 611 to have another sim card reactivated by number. Of course it was like a goat rope and trying to get the representative to understand what I was doing and why I was requesting it. However in the long run I figured it out and eventually they did what I asked them to do.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Gosh, I'm sorry you had to go through such a debacle! I'm really glad you had a spare SIM to quickly resolve the issue .

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Customized Applications for Mobile networks Enhanced Logic - Wikipedia

Thank you for this!  T-Force and the reps at my local store couldn't figure out what was wrong, but your advice fixed the issue. 😊

Well, had the same problem "You are not able to make calls at this time.  always allowed numbers can be reached the fix was a bug in THE FREE NETFLIX

the family wallet in Netflix once they canceled Netflix account I was able to make phone calls, they try to put Netflix back I couldn't make phone calls.

Th h

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

So odd! Normally there isn't a problem when Netflix is re-added! You may want to reach out for a new SIM like recommended above?

Maybe, but wasn't able to make phone calls or text with a new sim card

installed by Tmobile store. A phone to tech support find Netflix problem.

Disabled Netflix phone works, add free Netflix again phone stop working.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hmm... Did your Tech Expert file a trouble ticket?  You may want to reach out to T-Force via Facebook or Twitter, I've had some pretty complicated issues before and they were able to sort everything out.

Yes, they open a trouble ticket it will take 3 business days for teams to

review .I couldn't stay without phone that long so I went to my local

Tmobile store . A call made by Tmobile store rep find Netflix family wallet

is doing the bug

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

The only thing I could think of would be if you had Family Allowances on the account WITH the Netflix feature.  I'd definitely have the Netflix removed and check your add-ons via the my.t-mobile.com website.