Solved

You'd think there'd be better service at Lakefront Airport (NEW)

• 11 April 2019
  • 5 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Last night I had dinner at Messina's at the Terminal at the New Orleans Lakefront Airport (IATA:NEW) and found the service on my Moto M7 Power to be pretty poor inside. Trying to read e-mail the phone dropped to "H" and was very slow. The strange thing is that the dining room I was in (Walnut Room) has great big windows and glass doors looking south almost directly at a T-Mobile tower, about a km away, running bands 2, 66 & 12. This lends some credence to the many complaints aired here by other customers who report service problems in "excellent" service areas. I think this may be another case of T-Mobile's engineers being too conservative by half; not wanting to give up a single dB of signal margin to cochannel interference by keeping cell overlap and power levels at minimal levels. Come on, band 12 was supposed to solve these problems. No one want's to have to run outside to check e-mail.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 16 April 2019, 17:58

I may go ahead and file a service report just to let them know that band-12 isn't helping in this location.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Good call. Thanks, it'll help us out if you do.

I may go ahead and file a service report just to let them know that band-12 isn't helping in this location.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Okay, that makes sense and I agree, this is serious. My thoughts on filing a complaint is to have engineers review our sites in that area. I'm guessing other folks have filed complaints about this before, but they are the best way to bring attention to problematic service areas.

No I have not filed a complaint because doing so for an indoors location, even one with large windows, is pretty much a waste of time. For all I know the original 1930s glass was replaced with something with a metal film baked in that blocks RF signals. The point is that there are often reports here of poor signals in areas that should have excellent reception. They need to be taken seriously. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hmm, this is surprising considering the coverage I'm seeing on our map. Have you filed a Service Complaint for yourself to see what response you get from our engineers? I'm not seeing any service related issue in this area.