Question

zip code 33709 ongoing tower problems

• 9 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

zip code 33709, in St. Petersburg, FL.

In the last month or so, I have no longer been able to get a clear call to go through inside my home. The sounds on both end of the conversation are garbled. I replaced my phone with a different brand and replaced my Sim card. I spent hours on the phone with T-Mobile and after all was said and done, I was told by T-Mobile that the tower near Park Street and 46 Ave N in St. Petersburg FL needed repaired from damage caused hurricane Ian.

I also went into the T-Mobile main store on Tyrone Blvd in St Petersburg, FL, and an older gentleman ahead of me was also complaining about the same problem as me, and he was told he needed to take his phone to get serviced in order to have the the microphone cleaned out. It’s obvious people are spending unneeded money caused by T-Mobile’s lack of providing clear tower signals. and also lack of communications to customers regarding tower problems. T-Mobile did credit me one month’s bill, but I do need to have service where I can understand the phone conversation. The T-Mobile phone tech gave me a possibility date of November 22 for having the towers fixed. But just a possibility.  It’s ashamed I bought a new phone due to the T-Mobile problems. Also, I found out through my own trial and error that I can switch my new 5g phone to 2g in settings, and receive better reception. But this is simply not a good solution.

I’m wondering if anyone in T-Mobile can say for sure when the tower located at Park Street and 46 Avenue in Saint Petersburg Florida ZIP Code area 33709 or 33710 will be fixed? This problem has been going on for several weeks too long. Thank you.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you will need to contact TMO and put in a network ticket..no one in here can look into this for you.