Question

Can I use the Netgear Orbi NBK 750 Cellular router with T-Mobile?

• 17 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

When I try to add my own router to T-Mobile’s network it keep telling me to enter the APN value, so I enter fbb.home for the APN value and hit save w/o entering user name or password, but it still won’t connect, according to Netgear techs they are telling me it should and tha I maybe putting in the wrong APN information!

I have the trash can T-Mobile router Nokia 5G21 and I want to use the Netgear Obri NBR750 5G router, can anyone help me please!!!

6 replies

I have the Orbi NBR750 running on a TMobile hotspot plan, I did run into an issue when I upped the plan to 100GB and it would no longer connect to the network.  After over an hour on the phone with support we found the largest plan that would work on the Orbi was 50GB.  Changed it to 50GB and connected immediately.  It is a great device and works really well even at my signal challenged home.

Badge

I’m trying to use my same sim card I took out of the T-Mobile router not a hotspot, if that helps?

I have the Orbi NBR750 running on a TMobile hotspot plan, I did run into an issue when I upped the plan to 100GB and it would no longer connect to the network.  After over an hour on the phone with support we found the largest plan that would work on the Orbi was 50GB.  Changed it to 50GB and connected immediately.  It is a great device and works really well even at my signal challenged home.

I have a feeling it isn’t the sim or the device, I think they have that data package limited to their router that has GPS built in as it is set up for home internet and not supposed to be used at any other location.  If the router doesn’t have GPS, I suspect it will fail to log into the network.  Just a theory and sorta backed up by support during my conversation with them.

Support told me specifically I could not use a plan higher than 50GB on the ORBI

I’m debating on getting this and trying it myself, I’ve got the Nokia trashcan currently and while it’s not as terrible as the Arcadyan gateway, it’s still not great.

My SIM lets me use it in different devices though, so I think the key is to get the Arcadyan gateway first and then move the SIM, as when I started with the Nokia, I was unable to move the SIM.

I’m trying to use my same sim card I took out of the T-Mobile router not a hotspot, if that helps?

how did you get it up and running ?

I had the support tech drop the data plan from 100mb down to 50mb and it works like a champ.

I dumped my crappy satellite internet it works so well.